2024 Canadian Championships Sr Pairs SP - Extreme Cold Warning

Sally1214

Is anyone, besides me, finding the live stream is quite dark for Cdn. Nats? It looks, on my screen, like everyone is wearing dark colours. No such problems with the Europeans, so I don't think it's my computer. Just wondering.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Is anyone, besides me, finding the live stream is quite dark for Cdn. Nats? It looks, on my screen, like everyone is wearing dark colours. No such problems with the Europeans, so I don't think it's my computer. Just wondering.
This has been discussed several times - they don't have the usual TV lighting in place as there is no TV coverage and Skate Canada obviously couldn't/didn't want to pay for it.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Eeeek - massive splat for Deanna on the throw. Max already messed up the SBS jumps. They might find themselves in 3rd tonight.

Desperado

I said before that the intensity of their skating is not doing them any favours. I love S-D/D to pieces, but mistakes have been happening a lot this year. :cry:

victorskid

Results (as announced) for all three groups:
Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps QC 66.86
Pereira/Michaud ON 66.04
Laurin/Ethier QC 62.21
Carignan/Pierro QC 53.11
Bombardier/Farand ON 50.88
Thibodeau-Mailhot/Villeneuve QC 47.32
Derenisky/Eberl SK 44.06
Homick/Haubrich ON 43.78
Schmitz/Taylor SK 42.78

Scores confirmed on the official page :)

Detail sheets (protocols): https://cssterminalserv.skatecanada.ca/results/24CDNSSeniorPairSP1DRO.pdf

victorskid

Results (as announced) for all three groups:
Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps QC 66.86
Pereira/Michaud ON 66.04
Laurin/Ethier QC 62.21
Carignan/Pierro QC 53.11
Bombardier/Farand ON 50.88
Thibodeau-Mailhot/Villeneuve QC 47.32
Derenisky/Eberl SK 44.06
Homick/Haubrich ON 43.78
Schmitz/Taylor SK 42.78

Scores confirmed on the official page :)

Detail sheets (protocols): https://cssterminalserv.skatecanada.ca/results/24CDNSSeniorPairSP1DRO.pdf
On the protocols, Lia & Trennt beat Deanna & Max on the TES.

Sally1214

Oh, what a FARCE!!! They missed TWO elements. They are capable of coming back in the FS if they are NOT held up in 1st place in the SP with those errors. Give them a little credit ..... when they actually deserve it. Little wonder people raise their eyebrows at figure skating.

pat c

I won't be watching the men's so could any of you that are watching it, give me a clue as to what the men's music is? not the ones I can find easily like orzel, etc. Thank you. :)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Oh, what a FARCE!!! They missed TWO elements. They are capable of coming back in the FS if they are NOT held up in 1st place in the SP with those errors. Give them a little credit ..... when they actually deserve it. Little wonder people raise their eyebrows at figure skating.
Well, Skate Canada has to maintain its well-established reputation of propping up its favorites at Nationals. ;)

skatingguy

decently
I don't think this arena gets used for any sort of broadcast sports events very often.

pat c

I don't think this arena gets used for any sort of broadcast sports events very often.
Curling. They had it there for a couple of events, one during covid. They could house all the curlers in one spot and keep them quarantined, but one curler or member of the team (coach etc) snuck out. I remember the snarking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information