Euros 2024 Gala: “We want more PapCiz”

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Nah. Not my cuppa. Do better Loena. There are kids in the audience.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Guignard/Fabbri - Robotboys Audition; Careless Whisper; Pump It

Last edited:

Aceon6

Another perfectly constructed exhibition program. They can’t miss this season.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Pap/Ciz -- skating was exquisite, of course. Costumes needed a little work. I totally get the idea of minimalist unisex costumes for Bach, but baggy gray pants ain't it. Leggings would have been so much better.

And WHY, after all these decades, do camerapeople still not understand that you don't pull away from skaters to show musicians? I don't care if it's Pablo Casals back from the dead, we don't need to see the cellist while the reigning Olympic champions are skating! It's so frustrating!

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I HATED Hendrickx, Sabate and Gubanova in the gala. I wish Gubanova would do her SP instead. I wish Hendrickx had one watchable programme (which is even more annoying given she is the best skater in Europe and one of the best in the World, but just keeps skating that crap!). Sabate - first of all I don't understand why was he invited at the first place - did the organizers think he was Fernandez? The programme was stupid and boring.

The fire show - one of the dudes kept having equipment problems - the fire gun fired once and never worked again, the fire sticks they had - one was on fire the other was just a stick (while the other dude's both sticks were shooting the fire) then at some point he just dissolved into the background and let one dude run the show.

It was in a way upsetting most of the exhibition programmes were set to one side of the rink - they were all facing the judges' side most of the time (ironically, except for Hendrickx, who indeed playwed with the audience to every direction. Have I mentioned that she is one of the best skaters in the field right now? And how much I hate the vulgar stupid programmes she is skating to?), while it was the opposite side that was full.
While I liked Vasiljev's exhibition I kept thinking that people on the 5th floor can't understand a thing that was going on on the ice - the whole programme was about his fingers. Am sure it looked great on the camera, but from that high up they probably just saw him doing strange poses.

airgelaal

I read on Twitter that various fans asked Loena on social media to change her previous gala programme because of the singer. I don’t know if this is the reason she changed it.
But I'd like to see her in something new too.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I read on Twitter that various fans asked Loena on social media to change her previous gala programme because of the singer. I don’t know if this is the reason she changed it.
But I'd like to see her in something new too.
They asked her to change her program because the singer’s Israeli?

ross_hy

JVRStef. Moana. With proper costuming. Ben looks awesome.
The ISU posted a short reel on Instagram about this program - very interesting comments, including some back and forth between Steffan and Kaitlyn Weaver.

Aceon6

The ISU posted a short reel on Instagram about this program - very interesting comments, including some back and forth between Steffan and Kaitlyn Weaver.
So I’ve heard. I guess I’m fossilized enough not to read too much into an appropriation if it’s via a Disney screenplay written by committee.

Miezekatze

Moana is a Disney movie but it still represents a real culture and its spiritual beliefs and history. There are thoughtful comments on that instagram post by a Polynesian describing her upset at seeing a white European wearing her ancestor's skin as a costume. I think she makes a good case.
Also I have to say if one doesn't know the Disney movie, it's hard to even get what Benjamins costume is even theoretically about. I first saw the exhibition at Nebelhorn, I don't know the movie, have only heard about Moana vaguely, didn't realize the exhibition is from that movie and without context his costume on first sight just looks like a really weird western idea of "exotic" from 1981. I immediately thought I wouldn't take this exhibition internationally. Plus I'm not sure it copying something from a Disney movie really makes it better :p

Generally I thought the whole gala was a bit strange btw. I was nearly bored to death by the first music choices and just when I was thinking about stopping to watch like 5 people in a row skated rather absurd comedy numbers, which didn't really make it better, just different :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information