Euros 2024 Women FS: “We Want More ‘clean as mustard’ mixups”

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
So many of the ladies`programs here looked the same. It came down to who didthe elements the best with fewest mistakes. That`s one reason why I appreciate Leona. She projects something and often (but not always) the programs have interesting choreo. I wonder if she got her LP around 145 could she medal at worlds?
She’s been on the podium the last two years. There’s a high chance if she delivers a program with that score, she’ll be back on the podium.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Group One:
Nataly, whelp, that's what you get when you skate to Lara Fabian early.

Vrankova. We could be watching Kurakova. THANKS FSU FOR YOUR "SACRIFICE" :mad: . Verner comforting her because well, quite honestly, he's been there. He really can empathize. :shuffle:

Jade is just here to see the sights. Her dress is probably GREAT with the winter fantasy that is Kaunas, and I respect that. I love this whole look she has going on, the choker thing a perfect poetic representation of the program slowly strangling her but in a beautiful, overwrought Victorian sort of way.

Urushadze needs more Mia and less Mamma in her performance. I mean, how are you an OES and skating to ABBA and not lit up like a disco ball?

Isaev, textbook solid performance for an OES

Stepcenko, I swear she just stuck titles of songs from the IAM playlist and threw a dart and was like, sure, what the hell, that one. Audiences and judges alike will be lulled into a stupor and compliment how this never-ending song perfectly mirrors that never-ending axel sequence. Imagine having the skate of your life and it's overtaken by a giant ugly dog bear thing. There's a metaphor in there somewhere.

Group Two:
Seniuk, she's not British so not sure why she's skating to Bond. In a blue dress. In a scrunchie. Is she supposed to be an extra in a crowd scene, like if Bond had to drive through an ice rink after the bad guy, and she just happened to be doing her run-through to Lara Fabian?

Exactly HOW MANY skaters have won/medalled/had SBs at the Denis Ten Memorial? Clearly, this is a competition I should be watching. This is where all those ice dancers who scored in the high 40s/early 50s at Euros got 60+

Taljegard, I'm kind of into this cover of Heartbreak Hotel (suck it FSU, I can have terrible taste if I want to), it sounds like what would happen if a vampire was secretly an Elvis fan. You know she did well because Chris filled his own bingo card. I like her bopping to the music, I'd like to see her do this as a program. She could indeed be a player. I wonder if she's choreographing in her head right now. Does that meet Worlds mins? Does she have time to get them?

Peltonen, Finnish skaters Finnishin'.

Golovkina, AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!! Shallow note: Lithuanians are a really, really pretty people. Shame about the mistakes, but the pressure must be amazing. The crowd is very Canadian, and I mean that in a good way--they cheer for their own loud and proud whether the skate was good, bad, or indifferent.

Povey, that was long. If you're not a Sasha Cohen-type skater, maybe Swan Lake is not for you. I feel like this music works better in ice dance than singles. Swan Lake is truly beautiful music, and I understand why skaters choose it--it was made more skating--but if you're not going to do it justice, I will criticize you angrily on a keyboard from several thousand miles away :HA!:

As a side note, I cannot escape Swan Lake as every other ad on Facebook is for the World Ballet Series: Swan Lake, coming soon to the Saenger. I don't want to see more swans, swans are horrible creatures.

OMFG HOW MANY GIRLS ARE IN THIS GROUP, I SWEAR WE'VE ALREADY SEEN SEVENTY BILLION CRIMES AGAINST MUSIC.

Guttman, real quality to that, well Chris, there should be as she first performed this for Adam and Eve. Yes, I know it's only been two seasons, but it feels like it was longer.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Group Three:
Goshva, nice of her to keep the Christmas spirit alive past Epiphany. She did so well in the SP, (((hugs))))

Sauter, that was a dutiful skate. And slowly, Josefin gets pushed off the couch :(

Feigin, I swear Feigin is Bulgarian for "Fridge Break". At least she is consistent in that. I do however like this rather aggressive "You are so beautiful" cover. Like, I see Glenn Close with a knife and a rabbit screaming this at Michael Douglas. Some serious Alanis Morisette stalker vibes. I feel like there's some German ice dance team somewhere that could do something with this.

KIMMY!!!!!! It hurts to see her in this group. Just not her competition. I blame her hair. Chris's advice of not putting your toe in someone else is sage indeed, or a Dateline headline. I shall apply that to my life in general. Hopefully the baby also heard this advice. The baby will come away from this a sadder, but wiser, toddler indeed, no longer innocent but experienced in the ways of purple and emo. No longer will he play with his rattler, for he has learned from Lara Fabian about the pointless, meaninglessness of it all.

Pelkonen. I feel like Kurakova is somewhere in the background cackling over a voodoo doll, cauldron, and eye of newt, screaming this should have been MY GROUP.

Joos, well she seems to be aware that she's skating in a competition. Now if we could get her some actual choreography.

Group Four:
Kaiser so excited to be in this group she's just gotta throw her hands up over everything. Really impressed with how she's handling this. We'll see what she does next year, but that she's showing some personality at the end is maybe a good sign.

Schild, maybe France can give its extra spot to Finland? Otherwise, I see no point in Schild ranking this high. She needs a backflip.

Mikutina has more personality in her opening position than most of the ladies here in their entire program. Why can't the judges ignore her jumps and give her the overscore? She should skate with Kimmy Repond in Canada. I would watch the hell out of that. No pesky jumps, just all long, elegant legs and arms. I mean, imagine Papadakis/Hubbell and Repond/Mikutani. This is a competition I need to see :drama: :glamor: 👑

LEONA! LEOOONNAA!!!! :cheer::cheer2:I don't think the Japanese are going to lose any sleep over this performance, but I like this program more every time.

Gubonava, not-quite-as-slutty-catsuit>>>ballad. Sorry, Nastya. Needed more catsuit. BUT I'M SO HAPPY FOR HER. She's had a rough season, and now this :wuzrobbed in a good way

The Belgium Whippersnapper--let's see what kind of nerves she has. Big ones, it seems. So good. She probably deserves first, but I don't care, I like Leona more and all you haters can sip your Hateraid to some stodgy Classical music. You can be Spartacus; I'd rather be Madonna. But a great competition all the way, honestly, I think you could make a case for any of the last three coming out on top. Euros turned out to be a much better competition than I thought it would be, especially in ladies. :respec:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
So I’m finding it’s so interesting to watch Loenas ending pose in the free program ….when they show the judges behind her I’m noticing most women judges ( not all) seem have to have a scowl on their face, and most of the men seem to be fantasizing, lol it’s just interesting …every competition she is in I kind of pause the screen to see judges’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information