Euros 2024 Men FS: "We Want More Clean As a Whistle"

SkateFanBerlin

A little worried about Fa. And, he doesn`t look so happy either. I thought (and him too) that this might be the year for him on the worlds podium. Malanin is probably for sure if he does what he usually does technically. But, the Japanese boys will smell blood in the water. Fa won`t get there with the stumbles and doubled out bits from tonight. I mean it`s hard to believe but there are so many very strong men skaters now.

Hedwig

Antique member
For the 2nd time - not possible. Mihhail earned 18 points yesterday and tossed any chance of Estonia getting three spots next year out with the bath water.
I was not reading during the pbp for the last group so keep your cool ;-)

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
A little worried about Fa. And, he doesn`t look so happy either. I thought (and him too) that this might be the year for him on the worlds podium. Malanin is probably for sure if he does what he usually does technically. But, the Japanese boys will smell blood in the water. Fa won`t get there with the stumbles and doubled out bits from tonight. I mean it`s hard to believe but there are so many very strong men skaters now.
I know what you mean, but he didn’t need to skate his best tonight, good to save something for worlds rather than peak early! I hope he can at least get a medal at Worlds.

Kateri

void beast
Yeah, and getting used to that can come back and bite you in the ass in the future.
Yes, but see, there are two interesting options here:

1. he wins a competition despite a backflip, and we all gasp at his audacity, oh the drama.
2. he narrowly loses a competition because of the backflip, cue even more drama, oh how the proud have fallen, etc.

Either way, I win.

Hedwig

Antique member
that was pretty wonderful. It started with Ivan's moving performance, Samoilov was another highlight - Matteo winning bronce with a barely existing hip is soo so special and Selevko was the skater of the championships for me (and I was very indifferent to him before Euros :lol: )

Adam was not as exciting as he could have been even when he tried very hard with the backflip but it was still great.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Yes, but see, there are two interesting options here:

1. he wins a competition despite a backflip, and we all gasp at his audacity, oh the drama.
2. he narrowly loses a competition because of the backflip, cue even more drama, oh how the proud have fallen, etc.

Either way, I win.
I'm going out on a limb and bet he doesn't waste a point deduction at Worlds. However, if number 2 happens, then the drama will be the best drama in figure skating for a good long while. Or at least through the off season.

Kateri

void beast
I'm going out on a limb and bet he doesn't waste a point deduction at Worlds. However, if number 2 happens, then the drama will be the best drama in figure skating for a good long while. Or at least through the off season.
Yes, I'm sure he's not silly enough to pull it against Malinin or Uno. I think the only chance we'd see it at Worlds is if he thinks he's already lost any hope of a medal in the SP.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Yes, I'm sure he's not silly enough to pull it against Malinin or Uno. I think the only chance we'd see it at Worlds is if he thinks he's already lost any hope of a medal in the SP.
In which case, I will give him a SO just like I did Surya Bonaly when she totally flipped off the ISU with hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information