Grand Prix De France 2023- Rhythm Dance “Non-vember Rain”

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The music is an A+ with lots of extra credit, but he's just not moving with any kind of ease while she totally just outshines him in movement and assuredness.

It was a good skate but the costumes both make them look heavy, and his skating still irks me. Seeing what the music is, it should be an OMG great from me.

skatingguy

decently
Carreira, Christina/Ponomarenko, Anthony 🇺🇸
Coach: S. Moir, M. Hubbell, A. Diaz, P. Lauzon
Music: Whole Lotta Trouble, Edge of Seventeen

Pattern Step Sequence 2
SqTwW4+SqTwM4
MiStW3+MiStM2
Curve Lift 4

Choreo Rhythm Sequence

That was really good. Christina looks amazing in that dress, but I wish there was some colour for one, or both of them. Skating quality looked good, and they made good use of the highlights in the music. Hard to go wrong with Stevie Nicks.

72.94 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Fournier Beaudry, Laurence/Soerensen, Nikolaj 🇨🇦
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Top Gun (soundtrack)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I don't like Christina's hair in a ponytail today. I liked it better when it was down and partially pulled back with the barrettes.

That's my only criticism of them, but we all know I'm an uber, lol.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Ben's verdict: "They are less clean than the French in their edges, but I think they have a more genuine connection/expression."

skatingguy

decently
Fournier Beaudry, Laurence/Soerensen, Nikolaj 🇨🇦
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Top Gun (soundtrack)

Straight Line Lift 4 - extended lift
SqTwW4+SqTwM4
DiStW2+DiStM2
Pattern Step Sequence 3

Choreo Rhythm Sequence

I loved that he was wearing the sung glasses for the introductions. 😎 His shirt is not quite right - he should just take it off. 😎 Loved this program, and can't wait to it in a few months when they've had even more time with it.

80.98 = 1st Place

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'm going to say something potentially controversial- I think l/b are better than fb/s
I think they get by because of the command they have and their usually character-driven programs.

But there's a lot of emptiness in this, the twizzles wandered far apart, the intricacy for a team of their ranking should be much higher, and his shortcomings are usually attempted to be masked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information