Grand Prix de France 2023 Free Dance - “The Umbrellas of Cheer/Boo”

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
My notes on FD. I loved the Koreans, they are special and I wish them continued improvement and success. I very much enjoyed Corpse Bride, congrats to L/L. CarPon were wonderful, I am loving this program more and more, clean up the levels and it is spectacular. Lolo and Nic were beautiful, that is a fantastic FD. I give all props to G/F for their skating skills but I still can't get into them much. Was one of their better FD, I love that music.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Didn't catch this in real time, but he did, and as a result the element was given a !, and has negative GOE. Similar issue with the assisted jump as well.
Thanks for the confirmation, I didn’t go back and watch but it stood out. Then again, things I think look off usually turn out to be nothing to the judges. :lol:

hlimfan27

The Italians G/F are still a bore. You have to give them credit for their great skating but they're packaged horribly and their RD makes me cringe more than Rocky.

People are really starting to take notice of the Koreans. Hannah Lim was the star of the event. They went from 9th at SkAm to 6th here, passing Olivia Smart to boot. Good for them. They're still young (iirc she's almost 18) but I see them becoming big factors in a few years. Even in an event where Guignard/Fabbri are the best, Lim/Quan make me walk away not completely dreading the future of ice dance

Olivia needs to focus on their own twizzles rather than her partner's. Also, her costumes aren't it this season.

hlimfan27

Canadian judge’s scoring of FB/S is so obviously biased. :lol:

How can any judge not have Guignard/Fabbri lead on Compostion? It’s not just about “choreography” in the taste sense - multidimensional movement, connections between the elements, use of space, etc…Monaco and his 8.75 are ridiculous.
A number of their elements (in particular the Tessa and Scott lift) do not go with the music whatsoever. I would give me composition in the 8s too

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information