Grand Prix de France 2023 Women FS - “Gone with the Ouiiiiiiiii”

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Lutz with edge change plus a hideous step out Euler into 3S almost sat down and took 5 seconds to get back into the program.

Jumps are getting tight (no question about her rotations what?)

The skating is glorious and the flow is second to none.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I really wish they would do away with being forced to sit until the camera leaves. I think the storm outs would make for more entertaining KnC moments.
this is how you get more people watching skating isu

other ideas include reality shows about how to get passports for other countries and skaters secret sm accounts where they post what they really think

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Levito working really hard to get these jumps done, I bet her quads are just humming!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Total wreck at the end. Spin with no level for now, maybe she gets some minimal points back but if not, matched with the tight jumps, she may have given this title away.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The White Crow is my most favorite skating music ever. Isabeau is being much too tentative. She needs to learn to own her skating. She needs to find her inner Anna Scherbakova.

Primorskaya

Isabeau is having a hard time not sitting down on the ice.
Owwww wow she's really not steady on her pins today! Crazy!

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Yikes. Rough skate for Levito. She had no chance on the salchow; should’ve doubled it. A couple of the jumps will get reviewed and I hope she met the requirements for the final spin.

Should be third or even fourth in the free, but her SP lead may be enough. We’ll see. The last spin makes it interesting.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Isabeau - holy crap - that botched spin to end!

Not gonna lie, I might laugh and laugh for days if she finishes 2nd to two different BELGIAN women in both her GPs.

skatingguy

decently
Levito, Isabeau United States of America
Coach: J. Kuznetsova, O. Japaridze, E. Platov
Music: The White Crow (soundtrack) by Ilan Eshkeri

3Lz+3T
2A
3F
2A
Ch Combo Spin 4

3Lz+1Eu+3S< - landed the salchow in a squat - hung on
Choreo Sequence
3F+2T - tight landing - working hard for the combo
3Lo
Fly Camel Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Fly Combo Spin - fall - initially marked invalid

The 2nd half combos started to get away from her, but she fought hard for those landings. The ending of the program was very Sasha Cohen - things slightly unraveling. What will the judges do?

131.39 = 3rd Place
203.22 = 1st Place

AYS

🌻
Omigosh, what a strange performance from Isabeau. Gorgeous, beautiful for most, but then 3 very bizarre mistakes. The spin could be the one that hurts her the most, since apparently it got no credit. Amazing leg strength to not go down on either of those jump passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information