Grand Prix De France 2023 - Ladies SP “Don’t Rain on my Blah Skate”

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Two-footed flirting right in front of the judges. At least Gubanova isn't touching the boards?

Great 3lutz. Loved how smooth and natural the transitions out of it were. This is probably the most I've ever enjoyed Gubanova's skating. This is the first program that makes me think she actually wants to be out there.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Nastia! Calm, deliberate and beautiful carriage. The cat suit looks great on her. Love the color and her lipstick is a perfect match.

skatingguy

decently
Gubanova, Anastasiia 🇬🇪
Coach: Evgeni Rukavitsin
Music: Mojo by Claire Laffut

3F+3T
2A
Fly Camel Spin 4
3Lz
Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 2

Layback Spin 3

That was really good. I liked that program. :)

66.73 = 1st Place

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Hmmm. I wonder if the clean, red catsuit may predispose the judges to cringe at Isabeau’s schmatta

Sally1214

Normally I like unitards but I don't think this one flatters Gubanova. However, her skating was solid. Good job!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'm 99% sure this music was found by listening to Makeba, a piece that Samodurova used years ago and then it BLEW UP on TikTok and Instagram this year (seriously in every other post). She probably clicked on 'listen to similar' and this came up.

She looks a little like Ashley Wagner and her reaction in the kiss and cry was also very Ashley :p

Composition 7.29 for the European Champion. This panel is extra conservative!

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
I like the Korean ladies.
I absolutely can't tell them apart.
I kind of was capable to recognize You because she skated in a green dress once. Now even that distinction is gone.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Lee - very clear ur and jerky landing on the combo. Program not doing it for me and some of the spins seem weak. I’d go with Gubanova today even if Lee’s basics are better.

ETA: panel also seems to be looking at the flip repeatedly, in addition to the combo.

honey

The speed in this step sequence is really great! But yeah the combo no where near around.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
This program is an absolute snooze until the step sequence, which is great. I don't really feel it builds to this conclusion.

skatingguy

decently
Lee, Haein 🇰🇷
Coach: Hyun Jung Chi
Music: Seirenes (“Sirens”) by Christopher Tin

2A
3Lzq+3T<
Fly Camel Spin 4
3Fq
Sit Spin 3
Ch Combo Spin 4

Step Sequence 4

Solid skate. Rotation on the combo was questionable even in real time to the judges.

66.30 = 2nd Place

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Panel called the 3lutz q.

I'll be really curious to see how Lee's PCS pans out, whether she's part of the pack or if she gets world medallist cred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information