2023 NHK Trophy Womens FS - You Only Flutz Twice

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Shame about the fall, it was really good otherwise. Lindsey is NOT my favorite skater, but respect for not falling completely apart after the fall on the salchow.

Wait. HOW did Nina not get second? Robbed! Blasphemy! I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!

Ava Marie showing enough emotion for Lindsey and the entire Korean contingent.

I'm going to bed, not because I'm exceptionally tired but because I cannot handle any more surprises from NHK. I do not want to see Egadze crowned the winner, and that's where this night is going.

alj5

Lindsay T - I had forgotten she was in first after the short by a 5 point lead. Really great skate for someone who hasn't been in this position. The opening lutz combo was great. Shame about the stupid fall. I still want her to have more expression during the program.

Yay to Ava winning a GP event ahead of the world silver medalist and the European champion. Boo on her not getting a second event.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Dang it! I really wanted this win for Lindsay and for her to break 200. But I'll take the silver for her and give kudos to Ava Marie for winning. That score should easily remain in the SB Top 24 and hopefully she'll not have to scrap around next season on the GP Alternates list.

And, really, I'm completely on-board with sending these two plus one other to 4CCs.

Karen-W

she went to a NHK and won the whole thing, that wasn’t good, that was great
Previous poster was referring to her surprise win at Budapest Trophy last season. At this point, AMZ needs to show some consistency and win more than one Challenger or GP each season with less than stellar results the rest of her competitions.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Proud of Ava and Lindsay! Good job holding it together for Lindsay after the double salchow fall. Both were more entertaining than Nina and everyone else for that matter. Ava is something special and I was blown away with her short at SC last year, and hopefully she can continue building. This is only her 2nd senior season.

Last edited:

skatfan

I wonder if Kaori will get any heat for not competing here With no Japanese skaters on the podium.

skatfan

I doubt it - Mai Mihara was supposed to be the female headliner along with the pairs, who are also injured, and Uno & Kagiyama. I'm sure NHK thought they had a great field when the entries were announced.
We’ll see. Usually a world champion supports their own Federation by showing up to its GP event.

jlai

Question everything
Previous poster was referring to her surprise win at Budapest Trophy last season. At this point, AMZ needs to show some consistency and win more than one Challenger or GP each season with less than stellar results the rest of her competitions.
Ava had two good comps last season, otherwise, what you said

Karen-W

Ava had two good comps last season, otherwise, what you said
Well, she had 1.5 good comps last season. She rather fell apart in the FS at SCI 2022. But, I find her supremely enjoyable and would love to see her do well at Nats.

Of the US women, I feel like Ava Marie, Lindsay and Isabeau are a cut above the rest of the field. Lindsay is finding her consistency again and, like I said after SCI, her scores are rising as a result. I want to see Isabeau pushed to be better and these two are showing they've got the goods to do it.

The victory ceremony had me tearing up. I honestly wish we could give our women the 3rd men's spot we've got at Worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information