Grand Prix de France 2023 Free Dance - “The Umbrellas of Cheer/Boo”

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
FD results:

1​
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRIITA
127.92​
71.98​
55.94​
9.32​
9.29​
9.36​
0.00​
#10​
2​
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SOERENSENCAN
124.17​
69.17​
55.00​
9.25​
9.25​
9.00​
0.00​
#9​
3​
Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUDFRA
113.87​
62.59​
51.28​
8.57​
8.57​
8.50​
0.00​
#8​
4​
Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKOUSA
113.76​
63.40​
50.36​
8.39​
8.36​
8.43​
0.00​
#7​
5​
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain le GACCAN
112.13​
62.91​
49.22​
8.32​
8.36​
7.93​
0.00​
#6​
6​
Hannah LIM / Ye QUANKOR
106.71​
61.27​
46.44​
7.82​
7.79​
7.61​
1.00​
#3​
7​
Lorraine McNAMARA / Anton SPIRIDONOVUSA
99.48​
54.28​
45.20​
7.57​
7.46​
7.57​
0.00​
#2​
8​
Marie DUPAYAGE / Thomas NABAISFRA
99.42​
53.86​
45.56​
7.71​
7.57​
7.50​
0.00​
#4​
9​
Olivia SMART / Tim DIECKESP
96.67​
50.01​
46.66​
8.00​
7.79​
7.54​
0.00​
#5​
10​
Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFAFRA
94.43​
52.55​
41.88​
7.04​
7.04​
6.86​
0.00​
#1​

Overall results:

1Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
ITA.GIF
ITA
2Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SOERENSEN
CAN.GIF
CAN
3Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD
FRA.GIF
FRA
4Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO
USA.GIF
USA
5Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain le GAC
CAN.GIF
CAN
6Hannah LIM / Ye QUAN
KOR.GIF
KOR
7Marie DUPAYAGE / Thomas NABAIS
FRA.GIF
FRA
8Olivia SMART / Tim DIECK
ESP.GIF
ESP
9Lorraine McNAMARA / Anton SPIRIDONOV
USA.GIF
USA
10Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFA
FRA.GIF
FRA

Protocol links: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

topaz

Still some stuff to clean up, certainly they are capable seeing how technically proficient they are.

I do wish they'd venture outside the 'safe' realm and do more stuff like the Bowie FD, but I'll always be a purist at heart. And for me, just like I ranted all season last season, this team is the best in the world. There is just no comparison and I wish the judges would properly reward it.
SAY IT

Dobre

Mom & I think IAM should have given the Elvis to Lim & Quan.

This would kill several birds with one stone. Give life to the Korean team, rescue Dieck from the role, rescue me from Umbrellas of Cherbourg, and allow Ye Quan to really shine in a program--which he & his haircut seem ready to do.

Citlali

Searched all the Arena to get data just to say that I deserve a medal for getting through 2 Notredames live :blah:

Also we need to get rid of the illusions in single spins and the "board to board" "chorography"

The last two couples were wonderful and well worth a transcontinental flight and credit card debt :drama:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Canada, Monaco, and South Korea had FB/S first and also first in PCS.

I really want to sit in on the learning sessions these judges get. It's scandalous.

Call me mean, call me a know it all, call me someone who doesn't know the difference between a lutz and flip or anything in between, but I do know better than those judges.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Canada, Monaco, and South Korea had FB/S first and also first in PCS.

I really want to sit in on the learning sessions these judges get. It's scandalous.

Call me mean, call me a know it all, call me someone who doesn't know the difference between a lutz and flip or anything in between, but I do know better than those judges.
The thing is, you can't tell me they don't know better. It's just that whatever they are getting out of it, whether it be national pride or trading points idk, is worth more than what they know about skating. But I refuse to believe the genuinely watch it and go "oh yes that was better skating."

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
The thing is, you can't tell me they don't know better. It's just that whatever they are getting out of it, whether it be national pride or trading points idk, is worth more than what they know about skating. But I refuse to believe the genuinely watch it and go "oh yes that was better skating."
In my experience talking to and listening in on conversations with ISU judges, some have a profound lack of awareness of the rules and the politics around how skaters and teams are actually scored.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
Canadian judge’s scoring of FB/S is so obviously biased. :lol:

How can any judge not have Guignard/Fabbri lead on Compostion? It’s not just about “choreography” in the taste sense - multidimensional movement, connections between the elements, use of space, etc…Monaco and his 8.75 are ridiculous.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Thoughts on earlier skaters:
I am going to tell D/N the same thing I told the Browns--there is NO MORE ROOM on my dance card for more ice dancers. STOP IT. Be less likable, damnit.

I feel like "worm" will be coming soon to GP thread titles. I ❤️ Umbrellas. Give me all the angsty Frenchie nonsense.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
In my experience talking to and listening in on conversations with ISU judges, some have a profound lack of awareness of the rules and the politics around how skaters and teams are actually scored.
my old ice dance coach was going through judging training and he eventually gave it up because he was constantly getting in trouble for not being inline with the other judges, but he was actually trying to judge the actual skating which was his grand mistake. He only "succeeded" when he just tried to guess what the other judges were going to score.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
my old ice dance coach was going through judging training and he eventually gave it up because he was constantly getting in trouble for not being inline with the other judges, but he was actually trying to judge the actual skating which was his grand mistake. He only "succeeded" when he just tried to guess what the other judges were going to score.
This is a common trend. When I interviewed the judge right after the 2010 Olympics, he said the same thing that judges were so worried about being outside the 'corridor' so they just go with the expected flow. That procedure has changed, but I think the psychology is still there.

But I do have conversations on the regular with a few Championship-level judges, and I do question the amount of proficiency they are actually required to show. Because flame me all you want, I'm more of a rules expert than some.. that's for sure :p

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
That makes me so sad. Not surprised, just sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information