Schedule

Habs

A bitch from Canada
There are an alarmingly low amount of tickets that look to be sold :(. Out of curiosity I looked at the Saturday afternoon/evening session and there can’t be more than a couple hundred sold.
Mama Habs and I had planned to go but I was waiting to the last minute to get tickets. Her health is fine but her mobility isn't, and we weren't really going to know too far ahead of time if she would be able to go.
Turns out she doesn't think she can, so we're going to stream all of the senior events on Friday and Saturday and pretend we're there.

honey

Mama Habs and I had planned to go but I was waiting to the last minute to get tickets. Her health is fine but her mobility isn't, and we weren't really going to know too far ahead of time if she would be able to go.
Turns out she doesn't think she can, so we're going to stream all of the senior events on Friday and Saturday and pretend we're there.
Watching together online should still be fun :)! I shall be watching from home as well :summer:.

kalamalka

I spent quite a bit of time putting together a schedule to watch Canadians and Euros with Rosaleen (anyone in Vancouver area who'd be interested in watching some of the streaming with us in our hotel suite, it's always more fun to share and snark . . .). I haven't been to a Canadians in person except the one in Vancouver for several years, because she can only watch streaming with help. I really would have liked to go to Kaunas for Euros this year, because I haven't been to Lithuania yet (or Euros!) and enjoyed both Riga and Tallinn - but decided since it is the same week as Canadians it would be better to be able to see both on streaming.

I really haven't enjoyed Canadians as much either in person or streaming since they squashed all the seniors into two too-long days. And I was sorry when they took the novices out of the event again last year.

Jammers

I spent quite a bit of time putting together a schedule to watch Canadians and Euros with Rosaleen (anyone in Vancouver area who'd be interested in watching some of the streaming with us in our hotel suite, it's always more fun to share and snark . . .). I haven't been to a Canadians in person except the one in Vancouver for several years, because she can only watch streaming with help. I really would have liked to go to Kaunas for Euros this year, because I haven't been to Lithuania yet (or Euros!) and enjoyed both Riga and Tallinn - but decided since it is the same week as Canadians it would be better to be able to see both on streaming.

I really haven't enjoyed Canadians as much either in person or streaming since they squashed all the seniors into two too-long days. And I was sorry when they took the novices out of the event again last year.
Why do they run their schedule that way why not do what they do at US Nats and run Seniors over 4 days?

pat c

There are an alarmingly low amount of tickets that look to be sold :(. Out of curiosity I looked at the Saturday afternoon/evening session and there can’t be more than a couple hundred sold.

I was going to go, until I started added up all the fees etc to ticketmaster, plus hotels in Calgary aren't cheap either. Streaming works. ;)

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I'll be in Montreal. Looking forward to seeing you (and hopefully Cygnus) there!
Yes she is staying at the same hotel as me about 15 min walk from the rink. Did you get a place? I might have space for a roomie as it’s one bed apt?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I was going to go, until I started added up all the fees etc to ticketmaster, plus hotels in Calgary aren't cheap either. Streaming works. ;)

I came to the same conclusion. Plus the public transit to the arena is terrible - nearly an hour on the bus/C-train from Motel Village, which is a 15-minute drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information