Taylor Swift

skategal

Bunny mama
It certainly shows a lack of judgement and a temper on his part.

As anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows, sometimes your partner can drive you batty faster than anyone else. :lol:

Hopefully it's just a one-off and he is calmer with her when they argue.

vgerdes

I'm not pooh-poohing the potential for DV. I've seen evIdence of the most docile person turned to abuser. But I do think it's a big jump.

I'd say it's a pretty big jump as well. Travis does not, from everything I've seen, have any history at all of being abusive to his partners (and he's had a few). If he had anything like that in his past I'm sure it would have surfaced by now.

I know CTE is a thing, but I haven't seen evidence of greatly altered behavior. He's always had a temper. It certainly wasn't appropriate, but he did apologize publicly for his behavior, and Coach Reid has brushed it aside, so I'm inclined to do so as well. It doesn't seem to have affected their relationship.

oleada

It was nice to see her so happy and having fun at the Superbowl afterparties. Taylor and Travis singing Love Story to each other was particularly cute. It’s nice to see her be publically celebrated by her partner.

She also donated $100k to the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan, the victim of the KC shooting.

vgerdes

It was nice to see her so happy and having fun at the Superbowl afterparties. Taylor and Travis singing Love Story to each other was particularly cute. It’s nice to see her be publically celebrated by her partner.
Yes. I think that's kind of a novel experience for her. They're almost obnoxiously cute together.

Cachoo

Yes. I think that's kind of a novel experience for her. They're almost obnoxiously cute together.
Yes there is a tipping point there but I don't think they particularly care right now. I did love seeing her suite going nuts and they cut to the Kardashians and someone is asleep and the others are not interested. Why do they bother if they are going to be that bored?

vgerdes

Yes there is a tipping point there but I don't think they particularly care right now. I did love seeing her suite going nuts and they cut to the Kardashians and someone is asleep and the others are not interested. Why do they bother if they are going to be that bored?
Truth. I really loved seeing that Taylor was so into the games this season. It made the experience more enjoyable for me. In my opinion, one of the reasons why camera crews loved her so much at the games is because she was so unabashedly excited. Nothing's more off-putting to me than seeing someone looking bored and not wanting to be there.

PeterG

The Eras tour is in Australia right now, Taylor had dates in Melbourne (February 16th to 18th) and then Sydney (the 23rd to 26th). This has caused a bunch of her songs to return to the pop chart. One third of their top 50 chart is Taylor (seventeen songs in total).

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
96,000 at the MCG, a record for her (but not for the stadium, which regularly attracts that number on Boxing Day): https://www.tiktok.com/@visitmelbourne/video/7336470013483928840

(This video inadvertently went viral purely for the number of facepalm-worthy comments asking about parking below it.)

Seems like her promoters should have done a better job reading produuct safety standards in Australia, though:

Cachoo

Each team in the NFL operates under a league imposed salary cap so the smaller market teams (like the Chiefs) have as much of a chance to win as the large market teams in NYC.
Last year it was predicted that the cap would rise to approx 242 million per team. Then came Swift and her army. The announcement came: 255 million per team. This was due to delayed pandemic pymts and to skyrocketing tv ratings that kicked into gear when Taylor attended.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
96,000 at the MCG, a record for her (but not for the stadium, which regularly attracts that number on Boxing Day): https://www.tiktok.com/@visitmelbourne/video/7336470013483928840

(This video inadvertently went viral purely for the number of facepalm-worthy comments asking about parking below it.)

Seems like her promoters should have done a better job reading produuct safety standards in Australia, though:

If, as it looks to be in the Australian article, the access to the battery requires 2 hands and device like screwdrivers or vise to gain access to the battery compartment....these bracelets would be deemed to legal meet standards for sale/use.

Yes, small button batteries are extremely dangerous if swallowed. But the law signed by Biden for the US appears to been followed.

misskarne

If, as it looks to be in the Australian article, the access to the battery requires 2 hands and device like screwdrivers or vise to gain access to the battery compartment....these bracelets would be deemed to legal meet standards for sale/use.

Yes, small button batteries are extremely dangerous if swallowed. But the law signed by Biden for the US appears to been followed.
But if they did not come with the requisite warnings and labels they do not meet the standard for supply in Australia, where her last six concerts have been.

The Australian button battery standards have both access and labelling requirements.

once_upon

Better off than 2020

Honestly if you are selling a guitar or other memorabilia to pay for a wedding or someone sets up a gofundme account to help you pay for a wedding - you need to reconsider your expectations of the perfect wedding.

I didn't know where else to put this

MacMadame

Doing all the things

Honestly if you are selling a guitar or other memorabilia to pay for a wedding or someone sets up a gofundme account to help you pay for a wedding - you need to reconsider your expectations of the perfect wedding.
I think this person needs to rethink more than that bride:

Randy's post garnered hundreds of comments, with many people imploring Emily not to sell her "priceless" collector's item. "Omg! Weddings/marriages come and go but Taylor Swift is forever," one person wrote.''

Good grief.

vgerdes

So... Taylor's new Tortured Poets Department album dropped today, and it's a double album! 31 songs. Anyone listening to it yet?

ilovepaydays

So... Taylor's new Tortured Poets Department album dropped today, and it's a double album! 31 songs. Anyone listening to it yet?

I am causally listening to the main album on Spotify - I’m leaving the double album for the Swifties for right now. 😆

So far, I think some of the songs are pretty good. The collaboration with Post Malone in “Fortnight” is interesting. I don’t think she’s doing anything mind blowingly new here - and I do think that I liked what Swift did in Midnights a bit more, through.

But obviously - the Swifties are probably going to be in 🤩 throughout the weekend….and 🍿 and 🤓 through ALL the lyrics.

Last edited:

canbelto

Yes I listened to the main album (all 18 tracks). The ones by Aaron Dessner are by far the best tracks. "So Long, London," "loml" and "The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived" are my favorite tracks. All by Dessner. I thought Fortnight was a rather meh single.

Sylvia

TBD
Here's Taylor Swift's Official Music Video of "Fortnight" (feat. Post Malone): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zqJs7JUCQ

Co-starring Ethan Hawke: https://www.instagram.com/p/C59pWXtOBIn/ ("“Todd” & “Knox” from DEAD POETS SOCIETY are now PhDs in THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT. It’s quite an honor.")
And Josh Charles: https://www.instagram.com/p/C59mvWTJ5r1/

ETA link to Josh Charles’ 4/20 post: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5_yhUzpJzk/
Little debrief about yesterday: I don’t like keeping secrets so that was hard. I didn’t even tell my kids until the other day! Here’s a couple of tortured old poets about to board an early flight to be pop stars for a day. Been through a lot with this dude over the years, but safe to say this was a most memorable day. We were treated with such class by Taylor and her crew from beginning to end. What I’ll remember most was the laughter. There was a lot of it. Like we were 17 all over again. #TSTTPD

Last edited:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Yes I listened to the main album (all 18 tracks). The ones by Aaron Dessner are by far the best tracks. "So Long, London," "loml" and "The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived" are my favorite tracks. All by Dessner. I thought Fortnight was a rather meh single.
Most of the 2 am tracks were Dessner and I definitely vibe with those a lot more lol

"Robin" is gorgeous but also me and the girlies are bopping to "I Can Do It With a Broken Heart" because like "I cry a lot but I am so productive it's an art" is the most relatable thing

oleada

I stayed up and then the 2 am dropped happened and I was a zombie the next day.

I personally love it, but it’s not an easily digestible album by any means. It hits me in a way at 36 that I never would have gotten at 21. It’s so raw and dark and frankly, she’s brave to put all that out there. It’s not for the casual fans, but more for herself and the Swifties.

I go back and forth between which half I like best. But Daddy I Love Him, Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?, Florida!!!, I Can Do It With A Broken Heart and The Alchemy are the ones I keep going back to from the first half; The Black Dog, How It Ended, Imgonnagetyouback, So High School from the second.

So High School makes me so happy, and gives me such 2000s teen rom com vibes.

vgerdes

So High School is probably my favorite. I may change my mind at some point, but that's where I am right now. I also kind of like Fortnight. There are a lot of songs on here that I like, in fact. It's a very good album. Maybe not an "instant classic," as Rolling Stone put it, but I like it a lot.

misskarne

The line about crashing the Aston Martin into a ditch has amused the F1 fans again, given the silly rumours last year that she was dating Fernando Alonso, who drives for...Aston Martin.

(Alonso is trolling by liking posts that point this out. For reference, the whole thing actually started as a way to prove that some celeb gossip instagram account called deux moi doesn't check its sources, and someone sent it to them as a joke. deux moi posted it as truth, and it went all over the internet. Alonso didn't deny it, either, because he is a troll.)

Cachoo

I haven't listened to most of it yet. Being a Chiefs fan I thought the two for Travis were adorable. But, as my niece would say, the one that slaps: "But Daddy I Love Him." I like every bit of that song.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
It's got this lyric, "Growing up precocious sometimes means not growing up at all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information