Taylor Swift

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I am in KC and heard nothing about the rumors until I went to my hairstylist on Wednesday. I then went to Costco at the start of Sunday’s game, best time to go- KC pro tip. Get home and turn on the game while unloading and all I keep hearing is Taylor. I was thinking the sportscasters lost their minds over gossip. Only to see she was there. 🤡 Definitely made for fun water cooler talk on Monday.

They are both messy so I cannot wait for the songs.

Judy

I don’t really follow Taylor but she is def huge. Plus taking on the NFL. I respect what she stands up for.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Taylor isn't 'taking on the NFL' in any way-- which is what you did say; in fact, she was at a game on Sunday and apparently plans to be at another this weekend to root on Travis Kelce. So what exactly do you mean and what exactly is she standing up for in this circumstance?

Right-wing crazies who got mad at Kelce for supporting Bud Light, vaccinations, and whatever else has nothing to do with the NFL as an organization.

vgerdes

Dating one player does not equate to "taking on the NFL." But it does open up a whole new dating pool for her, LOL. In all seriousness, they seem like a fun couple. It will be interesting to see if they can survive the media onslaught.

In other news, I have tickets to see Taylor Swift's Eras Tour movie on Friday the 13th. I couldn't resist. :)

Judy

Dating one player does not equate to "taking on the NFL." But it does open up a whole new dating pool for her, LOL. In all seriousness, they seem like a fun couple. It will be interesting to see if they can survive the media onslaught.

In other news, I have tickets to see Taylor Swift's Eras Tour movie on Friday the 13th. I couldn't resist. :)
My comment was meant as - the NFL is huge in the U.S. - do they want to take on Taylor Swift fans and a NHL star and his fan base as well? I assume he’s an NHL star but I have no interest in football.

vgerdes

Remember when the K-Pop fans went online and registered for Trump rallies, which then made the Trump campaign pay for larger venues which they didn't really need 🤣 The Swifties would do that and probably more.
That's what I meant when I said I'd like to see that battle unfold. It would be entertaining.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Kelce is not exactly popular with MAGA...he was in a Bud Light commercial after the big hoopla over transgender rights. He's a big proponent of covid and flu vaccines. He is pretty quiet about his politics, but stands by his beliefs.

Just things that my friends say - the Chiefs organization thinks the romance, if it is, is good for football and Taylor. Bringing new fans to each -NFL and Taylor (their son works for Chiefs organization)

I live in Chiefs territory and am a Chiefs fan. Patrick, Travis, Andy are in lots of commercials and are loved. I happen to think this "romance " is just fun for both. Maybe it will be serious, maybe not.

It reminds me of a crush that he developed when she performed at Arrowhead this summer. Then Jason, like a brother, teased Travis about it on their podcast.

EDITED TO ADD - I like to see and hear about it because it's a fun distraction from what MAGA idiots in Congress is doing to the country

Lacey

Kansas City is playing tonight, Sunday 10/1/23 at the New York Jets, and apparently Taylor rode in the team plane to get there???

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Kansas City is playing tonight, Sunday 10/1/23 at the New York Jets, and apparently Taylor rode in the team plane to get there???
Yes, she is expected to be at the game.

The team plane/planes carry team members, KC organization staff (which they have a rotating basis between staff) and I think a certain number of guests.

Last edited:

Judy

Kelce is not exactly popular with MAGA...he was in a Bud Light commercial after the big hoopla over transgender rights. He's a big proponent of covid and flu vaccines. He is pretty quiet about his politics, but stands by his beliefs.

Just things that my friends say - the Chiefs organization thinks the romance, if it is, is good for football and Taylor. Bringing new fans to each -NFL and Taylor (their son works for Chiefs organization)

I live in Chiefs territory and am a Chiefs fan. Patrick, Travis, Andy are in lots of commercials and are loved. I happen to think this "romance " is just fun for both. Maybe it will be serious, maybe not.

It reminds me of a crush that he developed when she performed at Arrowhead this summer. Then Jason, like a brother, teased Travis about it on their podcast.

EDITED TO ADD - I like to see and hear about it because it's a fun distraction from what MAGA idiots in Congress is doing to the country
It might be serious! Only they know.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Ok, I think it's cute that Taylor and Travis are having fun, but the memes, the reels, the parodies, the "dumb" comments of women not knowing football.....enough. just let them have fun.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Ok, I think it's cute that Taylor and Travis are having fun, but the memes, the reels, the parodies, the "dumb" comments of women not knowing football.....enough. just let them have fun.
And all the articles about how their romance is fake are getting old too.

Cachoo

It's not all bad. I enjoy "New Heights" as a football podcast but in it's way it is so much more because of the relationship of the two brothers and that family. They are both open..not afraid to shed tears and the family is so appealing. I know this clip drew the Swifties in---of course Jason's daughter is so stinking cute: https://youtube.com/shorts/qpwfwBDdSb0?si=0SkcSO4xTdYCVU5U

CassAgain

Watching the free dance from France, I think Marie DuPayge favors Taylor Swift. That would be a fun show program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information