Taylor Swift

Cachoo

Watching the free dance from France, I think Marie DuPayge favors Taylor Swift. That would be a fun show program.
I don’t know: They are my Picasso team—willing to attack from unusual angles. I adored their free last year. But I think they could come up with something interesting.

About this whole Taylor/Travis thing: I am a faithful follower of the New Heights podcast so remember the episode when her name came up. They were literally reading an ad for a ticket supplier that included her name. Then Jason wanted to know if Travis went to the concert who said it was a good show but he wasn’t able to meet her and then they moved on to their football content. It was so random and quick. If they didn’t have the ad for the ticket outlet…….

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I don’t know: They are my Picasso team—willing to attack from unusual angles. I adored their free last year. But I think they could come up with something interesting.

About this whole Taylor/Travis thing: I am a faithful follower of the New Heights podcast so remember the episode when her name came up. They were literally reading an ad for a ticket supplier that included her name. Then Jason wanted to know if Travis went to the concert who said it was a good show but he wasn’t able to meet her and then they moved on to their football content. It was so random and quick. If they didn’t have the ad for the ticket outlet…….
I think Erin Andrew's had something to do with introductions.. I suspect there was an interest before all the Heights Show mention

Cachoo

I think Erin Andrew's had something to do with introductions.. I suspect there was an interest before all the Heights Show mention
Probably so. But the Swifties glom onto any mention of Swift. The podcast pulls out two to five minute shorts of the shows and that brief discussion was in one and the comments section exploded in late July. I always wonder who found Travis first: Taylor or the Swifties. Hopefully he can handle that madness.

vgerdes

Probably so. But the Swifties glom onto any mention of Swift. The podcast pulls out two to five minute shorts of the shows and that brief discussion was in one and the comments section exploded in late July. I always wonder who found Travis first: Taylor or the Swifties. Hopefully he can handle that madness.
I think if any guy can, it's Travis. I honestly believe he may be Taylor's best match to date. And it's actually pretty sweet the way he talks about her. This is a guy who is truly not intimidated or threatened by her success. I wish them well. And I also wish for them a little peace and quiet in the coming year, after the novelty has worn off.

Cachoo

He does seem obsessed with her in a very unhealthy way. But I believe Ye is ill.
I went down a rabbit hole on Tic Tok between the Swifties and the Gaylors and man is every lyric she ever wrote scrutinized. I think rather than trying to figure out if Tay is gay or bi it would be smarter to mine the lyrics for how they affect the listener. As a Chiefs fan I bristle at some of the hate directed at Travis just as I think some of the “Taylor is ruining football” crowd are ridiculous, whiny babies. I liked seeing this as we hear story after story of this happening:

Last edited:

Cachoo

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
According to the lyrics in her songs all the guys she's been with turned out to be jerks. (OK, John Mayer probably deserved it.) But she's with someone now who probably will end up being more than a jerk. The guy clearly has rage issues & will probably eventually hit her. People like that rarely treat just one person differently than everyone else in his life. I'm not saying he goes around hitting everyone in his life but the 1st time he's really mad at her I'm afraid he will hurt her. I had a secretary whose husband got mad at her & grabbed her hand & twisted it breaking several bones in her wrist. Men that strong can do damage without really being aware.

Lynn226

According to the lyrics in her songs all the guys she's been with turned out to be jerks. (OK, John Mayer probably deserved it.) But she's with someone now who probably will end up being more than a jerk. The guy clearly has rage issues & will probably eventually hit her. People like that rarely treat just one person differently than everyone else in his life. I'm not saying he goes around hitting everyone in his life but the 1st time he's really mad at her I'm afraid he will hurt her. I had a secretary whose husband got mad at her & grabbed her hand & twisted it breaking several bones in her wrist. Men that strong can do damage without really being aware.
He definitely has a history with anger management issues. Dating Taylor makes it even more public. The Chiefs may have to do more than brush it off.

Winnipeg

A big, strong guy with anger management issues........hope it does not turn out to be true and that he never hurts TS or anyone. I was surprised (in a bad way) when I saw his treatment of the head coach and it did alter my opinion of him unfortunately. Maybe it was just in the heat of the moment/game.

She should tread carefully going forward

Lynn226

I've always wondered why anyone would date her knowing the likely outcome is a song that doesn't cast you in a favorable light. 🤷‍♀️

taf2002

All the ones she wrote about anyway. ;)
Her relationships are public knowledge unfortunately. So I'm under the impression that a song about the guy follows every breakup. I can't think of anyone who hasn't gotten his own song.

Cachoo

A big, strong guy with anger management issues........hope it does not turn out to be true and that he never hurts TS or anyone. I was surprised (in a bad way) when I saw his treatment of the head coach and it did alter my opinion of him unfortunately. Maybe it was just in the heat of the moment/game.

She should tread carefully going forward
Coach Reid brushed it off but it is concerning and I am a fan. He was more of a hothead in his younger years and evened out later. But this year felt a little different. He's not one to fight off of the field and even when he drinks seems goofy instead of someone who wants to throw down over nothing. If there is a problem counseling may be in order. What scares me most, honestly, is CTE. He is absolutely beloved in KC because he has stayed so active in the community and no one is a stranger to him. If it is anger issues there is help. But CTE...

Debbie S

Coach Reid brushed it off but it is concerning and I am a fan. He was more of a hothead in his younger years and evened out later. But this year felt a little different. He's not one to fight off of the field and even when he drinks seems goofy instead of someone who wants to throw down over nothing. If there is a problem counseling may be in order. What scares me most, honestly, is CTE. He is absolutely beloved in KC because he has stayed so active in the community and no one is a stranger to him. If it is anger issues there is help. But CTE...
Yeah, CTE is a possibility. I hadn't thought of that.

In addition to the coach-shoving at the SB, I read/saw comments after the AFC Champ game that Kelce was shoving Ravens players after every play he was in (which the refs didn't call for penalties, the game sounds like it wasn't well-officiated in general). And then there was the pregame warmup gamesmanship bit with him tossing Tucker's (Ravens kicker) helmet. In an interview, Tucker said something like, he thought it was standard stuff that goes on between each side but that Kelce took it more seriously. I wonder if that was a gentle way of saying something else.

Back to the SB....I suspect if KC had lost, the post-game comments by Kelce and Reid might not be so cheery.

Cachoo

Yeah, CTE is a possibility. I hadn't thought of that.

In addition to the coach-shoving at the SB, I read/saw comments after the AFC Champ game that Kelce was shoving Ravens players after every play he was in (which the refs didn't call for penalties, the game sounds like it wasn't well-officiated in general). And then there was the pregame warmup gamesmanship bit with him tossing Tucker's (Ravens kicker) helmet. In an interview, Tucker said something like, he thought it was standard stuff that goes on between each side but that Kelce took it more seriously. I wonder if that was a gentle way of saying something else.

Back to the SB....I suspect if KC had lost, the post-game comments by Kelce and Reid might not be so cheery.
I suspect it will be addressed privately. I know Coach knew it was in the heat of an intense game and stuff happens. But generally he just seemed quicker to anger this year and I hope he is ok.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Something else that I'm reminded of because I never knew a lot about Kelce until it was everywhere on the news, media, etc. that Taylor was dating him.

For some reason which I'm not certain about the phycological aspect of it is that women that have been abused by men in the past tend to be attracted to that type of man.

Lynn226

Something else that I'm reminded of because I never knew a lot about Kelce until it was everywhere on the news, media, etc. that Taylor was dating him.

For some reason which I'm not certain about the phycological aspect of it is that women that have been abused by men in the past tend to be attracted to that type of man.

Has Taylor had abusive partners in the past?

I think the phenomenon mentioned in this article is why I steer clear of long term relationships. I don't trust myself to make good decisions. I would never get married, again.

oleada

I think this is a bit of an unhinged take. He didn’t shove him; he yelled and caught him unbalanced and caught his arm. It’s absolutely not the same as DV. Was it ok? Absolutely not and Travis and Jason said as much but themselves. But Reid and the Kelces go way back and clearly have a very good relationship. Who among us has not lost their shit in a way that was inappropriate? Football is also physical and violent, and they were playing the biggest game of their year.

The NFL has problems with domestic violence but this isn’t it. There’s actual players who have abused their partners and AFAIK Travis Kelce isn’t one of them.

Has Taylor had abusive partners in the past?

I think the phenomenon mentioned in this article is why I steer clear of long term relationships. I don't trust myself to make good decisions. I would never get married, again.

Not as far as we know.

Cachoo

I think this is a bit of an unhinged take. He didn’t shove him; he yelled and caught him unbalanced and caught his arm. It’s absolutely not the same as DV. Was it ok? Absolutely not and Travis and Jason said as much but themselves. But Reid and the Kelces go way back and clearly have a very good relationship. Who among us has not lost their shit in a way that was inappropriate? Football is also physical and violent, and they were playing the biggest game of their year.

The NFL has problems with domestic violence but this isn’t it. There’s actual players who have abused their partners and AFAIK Travis Kelce isn’t one of them.

Not as far as we know.
I felt better after the podcast but I still think Travis was spicier this year. Maybe the adjustment from football famous to Swift famous was more pressure on him than he wants to admit. Some of the questions he was asked leading up to the SB were so stupid but he patiently answered all of them. I want to see if he is calmer next year. Most of all I hope no CTE.

Simone411

Thanks, @oleada. I don't know that much about Travis, but you're right about this. I don't know of Taylor having dated someone that's abused her.

I also remember something said about the game when Travis yelling at him. I either saw it on Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood. I believe he was telling him he wanted back in the game so he could help his team. And with as much noise as there was, he may have had to yell at him. Who knows?

If you watch World News Tonight, Travis is going to be talking about it. It's on ABC World News Tonight now. They're also talking about a deadly shootout at Chief's celebration.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
My friend whose son is in communications at the Chiefs organization says two things about it - and she was present at the game and many of the pre and post events.

Travis was intense, as is Andy. Apparently both Travis and Andy are known to do bumping and getting in each other's faces. Apparently Andy said to Travis - you gotta know they have cameras on me.all the time.

Travis did say it was out of line and certainly not acceptable.

As for post game interactions they witnessed at the after party - everyone seems pretty good.

She said it was pretty funny seeing Taylor's bodyguards circling around Taylor and Travis dancing at the after party.

CTE is a huge problem in any sport with repetitive comcessive injuries.

My personal opinion is that any athlete or coach in a game or event they perceive to be important are very intense, have adrenaline coursing through their veins. Travis and Andy are no stranger to it either. Yeah everyone needs to be aware of it.

I'm not pooh-poohing the potential for DV. I've seen evIdence of the most docile person turned to abuser. But I do think it's a big jump.

Taylor has a major body guard group. I'm certain that if he even made a threatening move or stance, they'd take him down faster than anything we thought was humanly possible.

Simone411

@once_upon, I did see what you just posted about Travis on World News Tonight. He did say it was out of line and knew it wasn't acceptable.

taf2002

@oleanda, Travis did own it after the fact but imo that doesn't mitigate what happened. If your go-to when there's extra stress is to become aggressive in word and/or in physical actions then there's concern. When a man is bigger & towers over someone & screams it's meant to be intimidating. I don't think someone should get a pass for it. To me it's a symptom of a larger issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information