decently
Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO 🇯🇵
Personal Best: 111.41
Season Best: 111.41
Current Rank: 20
Music: Loving You by Barbra Streisand and Patrick Wilson, Stephen Sondheim
Love Grows (Orchestra Arrangement) by Nobuo Uematsu
Loving You by Barbra Streisand and Patrick Wilson, Stephen Sondheim
Coach: Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon, Romain Haguenauer, Joseé Piché,Pascal Denis, Benjamin Brisebois, Rie Arikawa

Five-time & reigning National Champions. Finished 22nd at 2022 OWG. Came 19th at 2021 WCh & 21st in their debut at 2019 WCh. Placed 8th at 2024 FCCh, 7th at 2023 FCCh, their best result since their debut at 2018 FCCh. Ranked 9th at GP NHK Trophy 2023. Relocated to Canada for training. Got married to each other in Jan 2017. He received Japanese citizenship in fall 2020.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I hate to say it because I really did see progress in them when they were battling with Muramoto and Takahashi, but I think a lot of that momentum has been pushed out the window. I don't like this program AT ALL and I don't understand why they would have ever been given it. They don't have big personalities and they need something quirky like Fifth Element or Ghostbusters to guide them through. This romantic stuff looks flat-out phony and I find his facial expressions always so forced, like he doesn't have any musical sense at all and just cheeses his way through. /rant

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Strong start from first two teams, the music may be smaltzy but KoKo really sold it! Genuinely glad they made the FD.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I hate to say it because I really did see progress in them when they were battling with Muramoto and Takahashi, but I think a lot of that momentum has been pushed out the window. I don't like this program AT ALL and I don't understand why they would have ever been given it. They don't have big personalities and they need something quirky like Fifth Element or Ghostbusters to guide them through. This romantic stuff looks flat-out phony and I find his facial expressions always so forced, like he doesn't have any musical sense at all and just cheeses his way through. /rant
They are definitely a team that benefits from being pushed by at least one or more other teams. They really pushed themselves at 4CCs when the Worlds spot was on the line and the JSF made them compete for it with the other two, younger Japanese teams. I also think both of those teams are going to push ahead of KoKo by 2026.

Sally1214

Lovely skate by K/K. Misato is a beautiful woman. So many extremely attractive people in figure skating.

And, we shouldn't even get into how good-looking the FANS are or that would just take all day. :)

shan

Team KoKo has a lovely but snoozy FD. I'm glad they are happy with their performance.

skatingguy

decently
Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO 🇯🇵
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Loving You, Love Grows, Loving You

Synchronized Twizzles W:4 M:4
One Foot Turns W:2 M:3 (W:2 M:2 after review)
Circular Step Sequence W:2 M:3
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Spin Movement
Curve Lift 4 + Curve Lift 4
Choreo Slide Movement
Rotational Lift 4

Choreo Dance Lift

A beautiful skate for Koko. They were really smooth, and seamless (except maybe the twizzles in the circular step), and it was an enjoyable watch.

106.98 = 1st Place
173.90 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Okay - now lets focus on the actual FD today. Jason's costume feels very discarded "early design idea" for Madi Chock's alien dress.
I assumed he's portraying a shrimp.

yeah it's one of those things where either they just gave the assignment to someone already working for them or the person is being forced to heavily sanitize everything to fit the image the isu wants to present idk but like being good at sm is much more difficult than a lot of people imagine
Either that or it's an unpaid intern. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information