Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
D/LM almost makes me want to write technical things like rocker and mohawk and crossovers and other nonsense, made-up words. Almost.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone here that I AM THE CHOSEN FAN. They and their coach sat by me at SKAM in Norwood. I have been ANOINTED. We spoke in my broken French until they just took pity on me and responded in English. We bonded on our mutual love for Jean-Luc Baker.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Gleb is such a presence on the ice IMO. And I do see them having put a lot of work into their skating. I don't hate this program at all, in fact. Deeper edges than will likely be acknowledged, and they are keeping up the speed and flow really nicely. Mark points out one of my favorite choreographic nuances as she holds her blade. The final part of the program is where it starts to lose me a bit, and I think the music edit could've been different to help that.

I think I could watch him do crossovers around the ice with his arms perfectly positioned and his back so tidy all day.

Massively a fan of the French and no one is going to change my mind about their FD being the best this season, but I think D/S were better today. :slinkaway

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Davis/Smolking skating better than at Euros (though I always think Diana's toppling over when she does that illusion exit from the twizzle) but this programme remains the epitome of bad WISA packaging choices. I continue to wonder about the B e n o i t programme they chucked.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I just realized Gleb ditched the facial hair (I skipped them yesterday to work-out). He looks much better. There, I complimented this team.

skatingguy

decently
Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN 🇬🇪
Coach: Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov
Music: Black Swan

One Foot Turns W:2 M:3
Straight Line Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
Synchronized Twizzles W:3 M:3
Midline Step Sequence W:3 M:2
Choreo Slide Movement
Dance Spin 2
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Curve Lift 4

Choreo Dance Lift

I would put aside any thoughts of a ballet with this program. It is a performance to the Black Swan, and not a performance of Swan Lake. The levels given initially were not great, particularly on the twizzles, or the dance spin, but we'll see what the reviews bring.

113.88 = 2nd Place
188.34 = 2nd Place

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information