Gymnastics qualification Men

beckab81

I've seen 3 Dragalascu's on the world feed already - kind of goes against how the US commentators always talk about how Asher is doing the hardest vaults in the world. (also, Jake Jarman is incredible 😍 )

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Japan and China will be favorites to fight it out for gold. Who are predicted to be in the Bronze fight or likely to qualify? USA, Germany, GB? Switzerland and Italy qualified at worlds with Spain and Turkey first out.

The USA commentators are discussing if Brody's fall could knock him out of AA finals. I think not, but my assumption is that Juda would be the biggest threat to him.

beckab81

Japan and China will be favorites to fight it out for gold. Who are predicted to be in the Bronze fight or likely to qualify? USA, Germany, GB? Switzerland and Italy qualified at worlds with Spain and Turkey first out.

The USA commentators are discussing if Brody's fall could knock him out of AA finals. I think not, but my assumption is that Juda would be the biggest threat to him.
USA, GB & Ukraine are the 3 most likely in the mix for Bronze

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
Oh crap! Brody off the pommel!
Yikes! A 12.1 for Malone on PH! So many considered it was a given that he would be joining Richard as the 2 US men to qualify to the AA. Paul Juda has an opportunity to rewrite that narrative now.

beckab81

Interesting! Is the team a different composition for Ukraine than when they finished last in Antwerp? Or did they just struggle in quals last year?
I don't remember who all they had in Antwerp, but they won Europeans earlier this year, and Oleg Verniav + Illia Kovtun is an impressive combo

Hedwig

Antique member
I don't remember who all they had in Antwerp, but they won Europeans earlier this year, and Oleg Verniav + Illia Kovtun is an impressive combo
from what I heard, Kovtun is so injured he is only held togethet by bandaids.

ETA - and his coach was bragging about his many injuries and how many hours a day she lets him train regardsless :blah:

beckab81

from what I heard, Kovtun is so injured he is only held togethet by bandaids.
But if the bandaids hold, beautiful gymnastics (I've heard the same about injuries, I hope he's finally able to rest after the olympics are over)

Karen-W

Same with Asher - one foot OOB, but apparently this is a very hard vault so Justin Spring is waxing poetic about it.

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
Is there any good reason Juda is not attempting 2 vaults to make the event final? He was a vault finalist at last year’s World Championships and his only vault here was fantastic.

Karen-W

Another good vault for Asher. 14.700 on the first and 14.433 on the second. Avg is 14.566 and that may get him into the VT final.

beckab81

Is there any good reason Juda is not attempting 2 vaults to make the event final? He was a vault finalist at last year’s World Championships and his only vault here was fantastic.
I think he stopped training the YDP because it was hurting his shoulders, so he doesn't have a 2nd vault with enough difficulty.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I think he stopped training the YDP because it was hurting his shoulders, so he doesn't have a 2nd vault with enough difficulty.

Commentators mentioned he stopped training the YDP. I didn’t realize that he didn’t have another second vault option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information