KOR
5Ami NAKAI
JPN.GIF
JPN
6Minsol KWON
KOR.GIF
KOR

Colonel Green

🇰🇷 Kwon - our little Broadway Baby from Seoul. The best performer at this event. Jumps decent, not the caliber of the others at their best. I bet she wishes the age limit hadn’t changed so some of these girls ahead would leave for senior earlier.

🇰🇷 Kim - Triple Axel! The program is Generic Korean Lady’s Music, but that tech sure is good. Charmingly excited to the point of foregoing the end pose before the music.

🇯🇵 Nakai - Triple Axel won’t go for her; the rest does, apart from the Salchow pop. This is a victory for her after the injury and the debacle at Junior Nationals.

🇯🇵 Uezono - another oddball music edit. She has unusual choreographic taste. More distinct than the previous two skaters.

🇯🇵 Shimada - both the triple Axel and the quad go. She was obviously angry after yesterday (or, sigh, her coach was). Wow, with the loop that would have been well above 80 in TES.

🇰🇷 Shin - ah, poor Silver Fairy (as a Korean article I read once dubbed her). Take heart, there’ll be no Mao in Milan-Cortina.

One downside to starting the event with Min-sol is you’ve gotten the most entertaining skater out of the way right at the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information