The Josefin Taljegard Appreciation Thread

Sylvia

TBD
She's doing an IG Live right now in Swedish & English :) - replay link: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZSOzQIASHB/

ETA - she was really enjoyable to listen to her talk for well over one hour!

She is coached by her sisters - Malin will coach her at the Olympics but Maria recently had surgery so will not be able to join them.

She's not leaving for Beijing until Monday, Feb. 7.

She would like to continue competing (as long as she's healthy) and since she really wants to visit Japan, 2023 Worlds is a goal.

Cute anecdote :): Jason Brown came up to her at 2013 Junior Worlds to tell her how much he enjoyed her step sequence even though she "only" placed 24th overall.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Josefin Taljegård: About preparing for the Olympics (15 FEB 2022):

Machine translation:

My best preparations for the Olympics ...

- Since the biggest obstacle between me and the Olympics was the risk of getting Covid 19, I have isolated myself in the family's motorhome. I have also made sure to train smart so that I get as much out of each workout as possible without being completely trained. I have worked a lot with digital meetings on the ice with Maria Taljegård and Nikolai Morozov to make the technology perfect. I have also run a lot of programs, both divided into parts and whole programs, this so that I have good self-confidence when it comes to my program condition and so that I can focus on the details even at the end of the ride.

I prefer to eat this when I charge ...

- My trainer and physio [sister] Malin has been so kind and delivered food to me in the camper that she and her husband Alexander cooked for me. I try to eat as mixed as possible; cooked vegetables, some kind of meat / chicken and potatoes or rice. As competition approaches, I will probably eat more pasta. Good vanilla yoghurt for dessert and cola when I feel like it.

This is what I have trained most on ...

- I have trained on everything I have in the programs; jumps, steps, pirouettes and choreography - there are important points to pick up everywhere. During the weeks that have passed since I found out that I was selected until I went to Beijing, I have also trained on other things. Difficult jumping combinations and different inputs are both fun for me because I like to vary my training, but it also makes everything feel easier once I go the program then with "easier" jumps with my usual inputs.

This is how I have charged and charged mentally ...

- At home, I focus on other things; schoolwork, movies, phone calls with my friends, etc. I did not want to start tagging before the competition too early, I do not want all the energy to run out. Once I think about the Olympics, I have tried to do it with a positive attitude to get a good feeling. I have thought about how lucky I am to have this opportunity and all the great messages I have received from fans and acquaintances who look forward to seeing me at the Olympics. I've been thinking about how much fun it will be to stand on the ice in the nice arena and give it my all. Visualization is also an important part of my upload- I have imagined myself going to Beijing; seen the judges and the audience, felt how I tense and relax the muscles when I "jump" and heard the music and the applause in the stands.

This is what I focus on when I enter the ice in the Olympic arena and will compete ...

- I will focus on enjoying the time I have on the Olympic ice. I can only do my best and I know I have done everything I can to prepare and I can only tell myself to relax and focus on one step at a time, while my goal is to entertain everyone who watches my program.

Sylvia

TBD
Posted by Josefin today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaPJcGLrSpy/

Hi! After this Olympics I am very motivated to continue my skating career and I have my eyes on the World Championships 2023 in Japan. To be able to continue skating I’ve started this fundraising to help cover some of the expenses. I would appreciate any donations greatly or if you’d like to share this GOFUNDME with your friends, maybe one of them would be interested.

The link is in my bio.

Coming from a small country like Sweden is wonderful in many ways, but unfortunately our funds when it comes to skating are limited.

I wish you all the best,
Josefin

Link to her GFM page:

Sylvia

TBD
Interview by Sarah of Anything GOEs (July 17, 2022) - SCORING AN OLYMPIC SPOT: JOSEFIN TALJEGÅRD ON HER BUSY SEASON AND EXPRESSING HERSELF: https://anythinggoe.com/interviewjosefintaljegard/
Excerpt from the end:
Looking at the future in skating, Taljegård aims to participate in the 2023 World Championships and away from the ice, Taljegård is currently studying screenwriting and has started an internship at Warner Bros in Sweden.
“I think it’s important to have something else on for me, it’s been really important to have something other than skating, because it makes me just more comfortable with skating, because it’s not the end of the world. I have something else I can do that makes me happy.”

Sylvia

TBD
Josefin finished a close 2nd (156.30 to Emelie Ling's 156.68) at Swedish Nationals yesterday and posted this today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmTwR59rQb9/
This is for all skaters out there;
Yesterday I lost and I won; the silver medal.
Am I disappointed? Yes. Should I be? Well… I know that I could have done much better, I do almost every single day, but at the same time a medal at a National championship, that’s not bad at all.
Somebody asked me last night how I could stand just seconds after my “defeat” and sign autographs and take pictures with fans, wasn’t I disappointed?
I’m not a robot, and I’ve definitely shed some tears, but what kind of athlete would I be if I couldn’t show appreciation to the audience who’ve taken time out of their day to watch me skate and cheer me on? They also help to remind me that a figure skating career isn’t defined by one competition.
It is defined by all the hard work I’ve done throughout the 20+ years I’ve skated. It is defined by the people who’ve been touched and entertained by my programs and by the overwhelming support I have from my loved ones. Especially my coaches, Malin and Maria.

It is also defined by me, I have to be the one who looks at my accomplishments and say: I’m good, I’m proud, I’m enough.
I’m an Olympian and a Swedish record holder, but most important of all; I try really hard to be a good human being.

Every day I have to try to push all the negative thoughts that pops into my head aside and remind myself that I Am Enough, and that I’m going to be okay no matter what.
:respec:

Josefin's ISU SB score is 163.76 at CS Finlandia Trophy (28 points higher than Ling's at CS IceChallenge) so maybe she will still be considered for Euros and/or Worlds?

ETA that she would need to attain the Worlds SP minimum score that was raised to 32 this season (31 TES from Tallinn Trophy 2021).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Josefin's post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CrjSsh7rykn/
The 2022-2023 competitive season has come to an end. Nine competitions, four medals and some really good skates. To top the season off I ended up on the top of the podium at Elitseriefinalen in Borlänge [April 15-16].

My take aways from the season:

I’m still an entertainer at heart and this sport is really an outlet for me to do just that.

I’m a hard worker but sometimes my own mind gets in the way. When I decide that I don’t care about the scores or what anyone’s going to think about me- that’s when I can really enjoy myself AND skate my very best.

Thank you to everyone involved; coaches, choreographers, designers, dressmakers, @edeaskates , my club @vfkk_konstakning , my federation @skatesweden.se and all my supporters around the world 😍.

My family means everything to me. Their support, their love and just their presence in my life. Without them there would be no skating, there would be no light in my world. And I’m lucky to share so much with them, the bad days and the good ones. In failure and in progress❤️❤️❤️

Now my focus will be on becoming the healthiest and most motivated person I can become. I will take time to reflect, exercise, work on mindfulness and seek new inspiration for my future as a skater, coach, choreographer and screenwriter. And you know what?
I’m so excited.

Sylvia

TBD
‘Wicked Game’ - Josefin Taljegård skates before the sunrise at Chelsea Piers' Sky Rink, NYC:
Olympic figure skater from Sweden Josefin Taljegård performs a self-choreographed piece to ‘Wicked Game (Cover)’ by Grace Carter @ItsGraceCarter during a recent visit to New York City.
“This program is about waking up realizing you've fallen for what you knew wasn't good for you, but you couldn't help yourself, and now you're all alone. The question is, will you fall again? - Josefin
Josefin is the 2022 Swedish National Champion, and trains in Gothenburg Sweden. She is coached by her sisters Malin and Maria Taljegård.
Filmed at Sky Rink Chelsea Piers in New York City, July 14th 2023, by Jordan Cowan of ⁠@OnIcePerspectives.
Josefin thanked Jordan in the comments :): https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuuNHlgRgaA/
Thank you Jordan for this wonderful early morning opportunity. I appreciate that through your videos you’re showing different kinds of skating and people around the world get to see the performance up close, almost like they’re there with us on the ice. Keep up the good work! Our sport needs you 😍⛸️❤️

Sylvia

TBD
Josefin got the 32 TES she needed today in her SP at Volvo Open Cup in Riga (62.15, 32.77 TES in SP) and now has both minimums for Worlds 2024!!! :cheer:

And she won the SP! :) - landed 3F, 3T+2T & 2A + received all level 4s!
1​
Josefin TALJEGARDSWE
62.15​
32.77​
29.38​
7.50​
7.67​
6.92​
0.00​
#13​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread