U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

pixie cut

There would be a million Age of Aquarius programs.
Not necessarily. Everyone said the 80s would be all Michael Jackson, but it's been a whole range of music. The 60s has so much good music and different genres from pop to rock to folk. I'm ready to see Blowin' in the Wind, Twist and Shout and Satisfaction. I dare a team to skate to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Is this still the same mental health issues from the past or were there more injuries that I missed? Based on the video they have been training even if there were cuts to splice the whole program together. A lot of nice moments in it.

DreamSkates

Is this still the same mental health issues from the past or were there more injuries that I missed? Based on the video they have been training even if there were cuts to splice the whole program together. A lot of nice moments in it.
I read in a piece that appeared in a google feed that it was concussions. Too many to continue skating and risk more serious injury.

maureenfarone

When they w/d from the GP series they posted this on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy1Ig4RObs8/

Jean-Luc had a concussion in the fall and previously Kaitlin had suffered a concussion.

zee703

I don't recall any other ice dance teams having concussions (especially both skaters). They're wise to be taking a break, figuring out what's next for them.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't recall any other ice dance teams having concussions (especially both skaters). They're wise to be taking a break, figuring out what's next for them.
Solène Mazingue (who was at Euros last week) had one and now has post-concussion syndrome. She's an ice dancer. Any skater who jumps or does lifts is at risk. So... pretty much all elite skaters.

skatingguy

decently
I think the risk of concussion in ice dance is higher right now because of the nature of the elements. The intertwining of two skaters, and fast rotational lifts that we see regularly are harder to save when they go wrong then say an overhead pairs lift.

VGThuy

I think the risk of concussion in ice dance is higher right now because of the nature of the elements. The intertwining of two skaters, and fast rotational lifts that we see regularly are harder to save when they go wrong then say an overhead pairs lift.
I definitely see that. Ashley Wagner talked about how the spins were a huge reason she developed concussions, and I remember Lucinda Ruh commenting on Wagner's social media post about it, and saying how she also suffered from numerous concussions due to her spins.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Yes and the ISU needs to start addressing this and adjusting the rules to make these elements less risky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information