U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

Sylvia

TBD
Article by former Team USA ice dancer Morgan Matthews, for IDC. Mostly about the partner search process, focusing on her own, also with comments from Emily Bratti and Anton Spiridonov (who sounds like he found a new partner): https://www.ice-dance.com/site/how-to-find-an-ice-dance-partner-then-and-now/
Morgan was inspired to start writing about figure skating after Montreal Worlds (I was going to create a separate thread for her writings (ETA that I have since created one in GSD - link: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/healing-a-broken-sport-my-story-by-morgan-matthews.111768/) but decided to post her April 18th substack piece here since her and Zavozin's career was brought up earlier:
ETA that I also just bumped up the "Athlete Mental Health & Eating Disorders" thread with her most recent Substack post and have included the link to her personal story.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Jean-Luc Baker captioned this “4/12 [April 12] This one with a lot of sound effects” - #4 is his photo with Koncius/Shchepetov and #6 is a clip with Green/Parsons:

Kaitlin and Jean-Luc coached in Kearns, Utah (after the show there) and before their SLC show this Saturday (7 photos):
Earlier in this thread:
Side note that IIRC, Koncius/Shchepetov recently said on Instastory that JLB is choreographing one of their new programs? I don't remember whether it was RD or FD ... maybe FD?
JLB is seen for a second in Apr 4 mini-video of K/S training. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Wgoc4PqKU/

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

SkateJoy

Loving this contemporary look on Z/K!

It looks like a great start. Does anyone recognize the music?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I tried to Shazam it but there was too much competing noise to pick it up.
Yeah, I didn't have any luck either and I was holding my phone up to my laptop with the volume turned up as high as it can go. We'll just have to sit tight and wait for them to share more with us. I do like what they shared so far!

ice coverage

Loving this contemporary look on Z/K!

They tagged Olafur Arnalds and Son Lux so I feel like they’re probably using a combination of those

IIRC: During the pandemic, Vadym had spoken of being interested in skating to Epilogue from the soundtrack for Nomadland -- by Ólafur Arnalds. (His mention was after the N/K partnership had ended and before the Z/K partnership had begun.)
I think this new FD is using the piece?

Thanks to Emi/Vadym for sharing this sneak peek ❤️

Last edited:

clairecloutier

A short chat with Madison Hubbell about her work with Carreira/Ponomarenko this season and her life as a coach:

coralline

Some MIDA skaters performed in a charity dance show in University of Michigan “Women Defining Themselves - An Evening Raising Awareness for ALS Center for Excellence”.
The dance is choreographed by Caroline Green, the skaters are:
Caroline Green
Yahli Pedersen
Annabelle Morozov (what a surprise! Is she with MIDA now?)
Ian Somerville
Jeffrey Chen
Alexey Shchepetov
Dimitry Tsarevski

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information