Skate Canada 2023 Women SP - Twirl One, Splat Two

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Just popped on to say I can’t wait to see Kaori live at worlds, she is so fast she covered 3/4 the ice on one edge! The first time I wasn’t as in to it but it has grown so much on me the classical music and look. She is so versatile that will be hard to beat this season.

mtnskater

Random thoughts (finally got the Peacock replay to load….grrrr):

Loved Rina M.’s back outside counter into the forward spiral out of her double axel! Love those kind of beautiful moves. More please!!

I really enjoy Kaiya’s skating, but like many, that music is a super vanilla awful choice. I think Scott Davis has gotten much more handsome as he has gotten older.

Starr did the program with more sass and attack earlier this season. Program is fierce for her, but she has got to attack more for it to really be effective. Always one of the best dressed.

Laura Naki Guttman is reminding me of Sonja Hilmer. Always bringing unique and interesting programs. I’m trying to remember who did this music before????

Lindsey is sooo much improved in every way, except the slowing down the jumps and under rotating. Otherwise she is a wow with the beauty of her skating. Every spin and move is in great position and performed to the fullest. That full split Bielmann ❤️. Her program and packaging is gorgeous. Hair and makeup perfect. So fit. She really looks all grown up now. Maybe she could work on jumps with Malinina?? She could give Isabeau a run for her money, but Isabeau usually gets her jumps around, despite her not as aesthetic take-offs. Didn’t know about the back fracture!

Love the Pina program for Audrey Shin. She needed to perform it here with more personality, which I’ve seen her do earlier this season. Love the costume and her braided hair. I always like her skating but wish she could one time not underrotate (besides that one time at covid Skate America).

Oh Maddie…..Score was way high for three jump mistakes.

Chaeyeon Kim. Not my cup of tea (yet). But she gets the job done on the jumps when others don’t, so props to her. But please learn to point those toes and express the music.

Rinka’s dress is great. Otherwise I find her skating kind of forgettable, though mostly technically quite strong.

Kaori. That double axel is the best of any woman. A thing of technical beauty with the strong flowing edge. Always has me wondering why she can’t do a triple axel with her power and that technique. She never does a lutz and it is the most obvious inside edge lutz of all the ladies to me. Every time I see it I think what a good flip it is and then the commentator says lutz. Bugs me no end that she is not fairly called on that. She would probably still win if she was, so why don’t they? This style of music is not the best for her. She’s a power music girl. And I still think her spin positions are mostly not very aesthetic. But she really has no challengers right now.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Random thoughts (finally got the Peacock replay to load….grrrr):

Loved Rina M.’s back outside counter into the forward spiral out of her double axel! Love those kind of beautiful moves. More please!!

I really enjoy Kaiya’s skating, but like many, that music is a super vanilla awful choice. I think Scott Davis has gotten much more handsome as he has gotten older.

Starr did the program with more sass and attack earlier this season. Program is fierce for her, but she has got to attack more for it to really be effective. Always one of the best dressed.

Laura Naki Guttman is reminding me of Sonja Hilmer. Always bringing unique and interesting programs. I’m trying to remember who did this music before????

Lindsey is sooo much improved in every way, except the slowing down the jumps and under rotating. Otherwise she is a wow with the beauty of her skating. Every spin and move is in great position and performed to the fullest. That full split Bielmann ❤️. Her program and packaging is gorgeous. Hair and makeup perfect. So fit. She really looks all grown up now. Maybe she could work on jumps with Malinina?? She could give Isabeau a run for her money, but Isabeau usually gets her jumps around, despite her not as aesthetic take-offs. Didn’t know about the back fracture!

Love the Pina program for Audrey Shin. She needed to perform it here with more personality, which I’ve seen her do earlier this season. Love the costume and her braided hair. I always like her skating but wish she could one time not underrotate (besides that one time at covid Skate America).

Oh Maddie…..Score was way high for three jump mistakes.

Chaeyeon Kim. Not my cup of tea (yet). But she gets the job done on the jumps when others don’t, so props to her. But please learn to point those toes and express the music.

Rinka’s dress is great. Otherwise I find her skating kind of forgettable, though mostly technically quite strong.

Kaori. That double axel is the best of any woman. A thing of technical beauty with the strong flowing edge. Always has me wondering why she can’t do a triple axel with her power and that technique. She never does a lutz and it is the most obvious inside edge lutz of all the ladies to me. Every time I see it I think what a good flip it is and then the commentator says lutz. Bugs me no end that she is not fairly called on that. She would probably still win if she was, so why don’t they? This style of music is not the best for her. She’s a power music girl. And I still think her spin positions are mostly not very aesthetic. But she really has no challengers right now.

wow, I think I agree with what you said about every skater

and yes, starr has to have more command and divaness for this program more like she had at Kings International

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Watched a bit on replay this morning. The ISU feed magically worked even without a VPN :confused: even though it didn't for Skate America.

Thorngren's presentation was lovely, though the jump rotations remain :yikes:. She gave away some points on spins, which is a shame because she's such a strong spinner. Julia Lautowa looks like someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley :lol:.

I'd have had Schizas lowest of the Canadian women. What a mess with errors on all three jumping passes. Generous judging.

Ruiter looks like has made efforts to improve her lutz entrance edge. She fell, but it looked like she held the outside edge.

Happy to see Shin highest among the US women. She's a lovely skater when she rotates and doesn't have to do anything harder than a loop :shuffle:.

Glad Sakamoto's flutz was (sort of) called.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I actually enjoyed this more here than the last time I saw it, and she's on a completely different level from every other skater here

To be fair, Kaori is on a completely different level in most competitions.

I do want Thorngren to fix her jumps because she has made huge strides in presentation. She has the most potential of any US lady after Levito.

I would love to see Lindsey be able to step up as a true threat, but it feels like the kids of issues she has seldom get fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information