2023 Skate America Women FS - Not Landing

Amy L

Did she just smack something on the judge's desk when she grabbed at the boards? :lol:

skatingguy

decently
Hendrickx, Loena Belgium
Coach: Jorik Hendrickx
Music: Break My Soul (The Queens Remix)

3Lz+3Tq
2A
3F
2A
Ch Combo Spin 4
Choreo Sequence
3Lz+2T
3F+2T+2Lo
3S
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4
Layback Spin 4

Iconic :love:

145.36 = 1st Place
221.28 = 1st Place

AYS

🌻
Great skate for Loena but too much armography. However, she'll win handily. Really only Isabeau and Loena brought it today. Yoshida was kind of overscored for what she did, IMO.
ETA: Forgot Nina, she also brought it.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I like neither the remixed to death Madonna nor the choreography, such as it is, but I like Loena. Rock solid and enjoying herself.

Lol at that last shot with the amused/skeptical judge behind her shoulder !
If I were a judge in the post-pandemic era, I'd start worrying about catching something from the dozens of skaters breathing in my face at every event. :lol:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
OOO LAH LAH LOENA!!! 🇧🇪

Still my Miss Holiday on Ice 1961 (first ice show that I saw in Puerto Rico…the best!)

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Curious if Yoshida ends up winning the technical mark today. Hendrickx is barely above her, so any markdown will put her below.

I'll be happy if Yoshida does win the tech mark, despite skating early and some mistakes. Both Isabeau and Loopless Loena need to up their tech content.

ETA: Yes, Yoshida wins the tech mark, barely.

mtnskater

Loena slowing down into her jumps too. A tentative performance but got the job done…and I love her!

VGThuy

I think this program is amazing. But it can use more skating-related transitioning and re-thinking of some awkward spots where the voguing and skating flow are fight against one another. However, I’m just glad to see a program that isn’t afraid to stop and let the skater breathe and the audience take in the actual performance and moves.

I guess some people in this thread aren’t into the Harlem Ballroom culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information