2023 Skate America Mens SP - Malininguena

alj5

I liked this program better in practice today when he was wearing all black. I feel like he's at least trying to get better at choreo. It doesn't hurt that he's conventionally attractive and has an engaging personality.

skatingguy

decently
Malinin, Ilia, United States of America
Coach: T. Malinina, R. Skorniakov, R.Arutiunian
Music: Malaguena by Roni Benise

4T - holding the landing :swoon:
4Lz+3T - the height :swoon:
Ch Camel Spin 4
3A
Fly Sit Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Ch Combo Spin 4

Malinin was flying tonight. Nailed everything beautifully. Looks fully healthy, and well trained. The jump rotations looked much better than at the end of last season.

VGThuy

Ilia won’t ever skate with that modern day skating skills-forward quality that should be rewarded, but any little incremental improvement he can make is the most we should expect, especially given his age and what his strengths are.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Torgy's in 11th, huh? Maybe I'd better mercy chack that one when I look at the replays ... :shuffle:

skatfan

This program has already improved massively. i appreciate that he’s working on his expression, and hilariously the worst moment for me was the ending pose. I keep forgetting how young he is - I think if all goes well he’ll be ready for Turin!

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Well kids, that's all of SKAM I'll see for this year. Going to be without Peacock Saturday and Sunday.
I'll be reading.your comments.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I agree but I would like to see him a little more securely on this particular road. I saw a lot of jumps and not a lot of attention to the details in between.
I think that will come as the season progresses. He'll get feedback, he'll get it. Hopefully he's learned some lessons from Worlds and knows he cannot rely solely on quads. Euphoria, while not my thing, improved tremendously from SA to Worlds.

VGThuy

When did Plushy ever have actual transitions? Oh that's right... never.

But he did have the world's worst Biellmann spin, so that's worth at least three transitions
He had that weird smoking a cigarette pantomime his 2000-2001 “Once Upon a Time in the America” program.

Gosh, now I remember some huge Plushy fan writing this long essay dissecting that program and using it as some sort of commentary and cultural criticism of American culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information