2024 US Nats Sr Pairs SP Howe Many Splats Chan We Get

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
That may be my favorite non-cheesy Elvis program. Good music choses and great edit.

The downside is that the huge collar doesn't make sense.
Found this link that shows Elvis's costumes. Now the third one down does have a high collar. It's called The American Eagle Jumpsuit. There's a couple more like the Jailhouse Rock jacket that Elvis was wearing that has a high collar, but it doesn't exactly look like what like what he was wearing.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Andrea Joyce interview with Chan/Howe - the lift in the short program was the first one handed lift they've done this week

Hmmmmm... I know I saw them do that lift one-handed in last night's practice.

Chan and Howe have a long way to go if they are going to place well at Worlds (if they go). I liked 3-5 more than 1-2 lol
You do realize they have only been able to fully train for about 2 weeks, right?

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Hmmmmm... I know I saw them do that lift one-handed in last night's practice.

You do realize they have only been able to fully train for about 2 weeks, right?
They went on the ice with that trashbin of a program. How judges gave them 8 for that is beyond me.

CassAgain

That was very underwhelming.

I will admit to being in the extreme minority in that I thought Adam and Ashley were amusing.

"Ice is slippery."
"Yes, Ashley, ice is slippery."

I enjoy their podcast with not Olympic champion Sarah Hughes, so it was like watching with friends.

Karen-W

SP Results - https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2024/33688/SEGM014.html

112Emily Chan, SC of Boston
Spencer Howe, SC of Boston
210Ellie Kam, Thunderbirds FSC
Danny OShea, SC of New York
32Katie McBeath, Winterhurst FSC
Daniil Parkman, SC of New York
411Valentina Plazas, Panthers FSC
Maximiliano Fernandez, SC of New York
56Alisa Efimova, SC of Boston
Misha Mitrofanov, SC of Boston
68Chelsea Liu, SC of New York
Balazs Nagy, SC of New York
77Isabelle Martins, Chicago FSC
Ryan Bedard, Northern Ice SC
83Nica Digerness, Broadmoor SC
Mark Sadusky, St. Moritz ISC
91Ellie Korytek, SC of New York
Timmy Chapman, SC of New York
109Maria Mokhova, Greater Grand Rapids FSC
Ivan Mokhov, Greater Grand Rapids FSC
114Linzy Fitzpatrick, SC of New York
Keyton Bearinger, SC of New York
WD Megan Wessenberg, SC of Boston
Edoardo Caputo, Individual Member

Karen-W

Karen-W

Also? The press conference background looks way better than the shitty KnC!

JeffClair1979

I wanna move to France...
Ok, back at my hotel (not going to Rhythm Dance) so here are my thoughts that literally nobody asked for:

First and foremost, I've never been a huge fan of Mokhova/Mokhov, but everyone around me (including myself) were shocked at the low low score. I did not see how 4 of the 7 elements got -GOE and I was there in the 5th row and could see everything really well... I figured they would at least be around 57-58. Zero love from USFS I guess.

The teams that were clearly the strongest/fastest in my opinion were Chan/Howe, Liu/Nagy and Kam/O'Shea. \

(on a shallow note, Fernandez is SUPER HOT in person, way better looking that what comes across on TV... Balaz is also razor fine, but TV does him well).

K/O were SO GREAT TO WATCH IN PERSON! If they can land everything some day, watch out. Such beautiful and exciting skating. I am hoping they blow it out of the water tomorrow and win- I'd be happy with them or Chan/Howe as champs.

I was shocked at the number of clean/cleanish SBS jumps that happened today, I was wondering what planet I was on :)

Overall it was a much stronger pairs short than I had expected. Let's hope the ladies do well later tonight!

mtnskater

Canā€™t believe all the dumping on Chan & Howe. I thought they would be first for sure before the scores came up. Enjoyed them very much.

Liu singled her triple and very heavy two foot throw. Kam crashed badly on the throw as did Efimova. If anything McBeath and Parkman were a bit underscored.

Balazā€™s skating is devine but Chelsea doesnā€™t match.

Karen-W

Oh no. Chan & Howe have withdrawn from the remainder of the competition. šŸ™
Where is this? They are listed on the FS starting order still.

If it's true, I hope they did enough to demonstrate they should be named to the Worlds team pending his continuing recovery.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Thoughts: 1. Why the HELL is anyone still training with Delilah Sappenfeld?? 2. Chan, PLEASE lose the beard. It does not suit you. Perhaps he will take these next several weeks to shave.

Sally1214

Where is this? They are listed on the FS starting order still.

If it's true, I hope they did enough to demonstrate they should be named to the Worlds team pending his continuing recovery.
Johnny announced it just when I came on. It was just before the 2nd group of women skated. Johnny and Tara were saying that they were wondering if Howe and Chan were really ready for this Nationals but wanted to come and at least do well enough in the SP to be considered for the world team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information