JPN
11Adam SIAO HIM FA
FRA.GIF
FRA
12Shoma UNO
JPN.GIF
JPN

Milan

Where are all the spectators? Very hard to find any info on this event if you're an international visitor (no ticketing info, no website afaik - I'm trying to find ticketing info for the GPF in Beijing in a couple of weeks or so and it's next to impossible). It's almost as though it was made for streaming services which is a bit creepy.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Where are all the spectators? Very hard to find any info on this event if you're an international visitor (no ticketing info, no website afaik - I'm trying to find ticketing info for the GPF in Beijing in a couple of weeks or so and it's next to impossible). It's almost as though it was made for streaming services which is a bit creepy.

They mostly post the event info on their Weibo/WeChat account. It’s true that for fans who don’t speak Chinese the information will be hard to navigate.

(BTW I’m in the arena now. And surrounded by screaming Boyang fans.:lol:)

skatingguy

decently
Xu, Juwen 🇨🇳
Coach: Ying Liu, Chao Yang
Music: No Way Out, The Echo Game

3Lz+3T
3F
Fly Camel Spin 4
2A
Ch Sit Spin 3
Step Sequence 2

Ch Combo Spin 4

Boyang Jin technique without the technical difficulty. Solid skate.

65.57 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Dai, Daiwei 🇨🇳
Coach: Shuguang Jia
Music: I Still Love You by Night Traveler

3A
3T+3T - step out of 2nd jump - too much air on the first jump
Fly Sit Spin 4
2Lo* - invalid element
Ch Camel Spin 3
Step Sequence 3

Ch Combo Spin 4

Big air on the jumps, but some struggles to land them. Same coach as Han Yan which explains the quality of the triple Axel, and possibly the mistakes on the other jumps.

64.25 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Broussard, Lucas 🇺🇸
Coach: Darin Hosier
Music: Everybody Hurts by REM

4T - fall
1A* - invalid element
Ch Camel Spin 2
3Lz+3T
Step Sequence 3
Fly Sit Spin 2

Ch Combo Spin 4

'Sometimes everything is wrong' song lyrics going into the spin right after a fall, and a pop. :shuffle: Lucas is clearly much taller than last season, and hopefully the jumps will come together as the season goes on. Still has the quality skating skills, and feel for music that brought him to international attention last season.

61.05 = 3rd Place

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I think the team could've come up with a better ending ice pattern and especially a musical ending. That just meh'd off completely, especially considering this skate and the combo spin didn't fit the music at all, either.

He has a very good musical sense obviously, but the basics really aren't there yet. He breaks his posture and flow so many times in the program.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I woke up a bit earlier than the alarm, just in time for Lucas doing his Amber tribute. Men gonna men… check. Emo dreck… check. Puce… check. Well, he got all three done in one short program, so that may bode well for Nationals.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'm probably going to say it every time he skates it, but another skater should be skating to this music. It's good and Jin just does not have the flow or skating ability to make it effective. The step sequence, even if it's a level 4, always looks like such a chore and his spins travel into the parking lot.

Judges keep getting hit by stuffed animals :lol:

skatingguy

decently
Jin, Boyang People’s Republic of China
Coach: Brian Orser, Tracy Wilson
Music: Vienna by Ultravox, Midge Ure

4T - overrotated, poor landing
3A
Fly Camel Spin 4
3Lz+3T
Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Ch Sit Spin 4

Opening jump aside, it was a better skate than last week. There is a lot of stuff toys - many, many spidermen - raining down on the ice, and judges, and technical panel. :lol:

87.44 = 1st Place

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
So, all the Fanyus have migrated to Jin? They need to decide on one type of stuffed to throw on the ice for him... maybe Spider-Man?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information