Cup of China 2023 Men SP - “Club Pop-icana”

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I don't mind over/under scoring as long as it's consistent. Ultimately, it's the placement that matters, and to me, the placements are correct. I don't think you can reasonably argue the order of 1, 2, and 3.

Lucas Broussard is a beautiful skater but this program is terrible. I put him on my fantasy Anything GOE team and he needs to do better. Actually, all of my skaters need to do better. My highest rank so far is #612 , and they need to stop disappointing me.

I'm imagining what French ice dancers could do with Boyang Jin's music. It has that strange, but not too strange, artistique vibe. I would love to see him pull up and medal just for the audience; I'm glad he's having his moment.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
91 points without a combo? Are they kidding me.
I think it’s his component scores, he reminds me of a Patrick Chan type skater, beautiful blades. Give him all the points, I am on his bandwagon

I am ok with his score as he had one error but rest of jumps clean and nice artistry. I enjoyed Shomo new program, not a fan of his pre rotation but good overall

Last edited:

Milan

Quite enjoyed Shoma's ambient Clair de Lune with the bizarre "I love you"s. Obsessive AI/robot love gone messy perhaps.

mtnskater

Shoma…love him but he has gotten so many passes for underrotated, wonky jumps for much too long. I do not like this music at all but he can skate to the phone book and keep my attention with his command and convincing presentation. 105 no way.

Adam…it was going so well. Still most of the elements and program were great.

Shaidorov….judging panel needs glasses for the skating skills mark. Should not be in third because he is so deficient in that.

Ma had a really good one going until the three axel 🫣 Literally no transitions. His charisma is still fun to watch.

Boyang gave the crowd lots to cheer about. He sure is popular in China. Not sure why exactly. He is still just so rough around the edges for me. Stuffie explosion!

Lucas :fragile::wuzrobbed

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
My theory is that Lambiel goes on the ice and secretly pretends to be Shoma. The "I Love You"s are his meta way of telling Shoma that he loves him and wishes he could skate like him, but he's also insanely jealous that he can't be Shoma and so that's why he gives them this passive-aggressive program. Then Lambiel turns into a werewolf, cause you know, light of the moon.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Quite enjoyed Shoma's ambient Clair de Lune with the bizarre "I love you"s. Obsessive AI/robot love gone messy perhaps.
I loved it, especially with the sparkly top with understated whickety whack threatening to strangle him. Performance art and I'm here for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information