Grand Prix De France 2023 -Pairs SP “Looking for splats in Angers, I hear you say”

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Warm-Up Group 1
1Oceane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN
FRA.GIF
FRA
2Oxana VOUILLAMOZ / Flavien GINIAUX
FRA.GIF
FRA
3Anna VALESI / Manuel PIAZZA
ITA.GIF
ITA
4Ellie KAM / Danny O'SHEA
USA.GIF
USA
Warm-Up Group 2
5Lia PEREIRA / Trennt MICHAUD
CAN.GIF
CAN
6Valentina PLAZAS / Maximiliano FERNANDEZ
USA.GIF
USA
7Camille KOVALEV / Pavel KOVALEV
FRA.GIF
FRA
8Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII
ITA.GIF
ITA

Wedgie Data

Last edited:

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Kinda insane they scheduled this event for last given how underwhelming the pairs field is this season. Will there be anyone left in the arena?

Primorskaya

The French judge is called Mme. Verrue, which literally means Mrs. Verruca. We also use this word in the sense of an eyesore. I feel sorry for her.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
So, which is worse? Chelsea Liu's faux blonde hair or Ellie Kam's super-curly, short haircut with longish bangs that almost hang over eyes combined with the bright red lipstick?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Disaster in terms of timing but I think there's actually potential there.

They are more interesting than the Kovalevs are with their SP this year :p

Karen-W

Piegad/Strekalin - woof those SBS jumps weren't even in the same time zone much less zip code. A bit uneven overall, but not horrible.

tony

P/S skated more as a pair IMO, aside from not matching timing at all.

This team doesn't have good lines and they are often just sticking their limbs any which way through the program.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I thought V&G had surprisingly good skating skills for pairs. There's a lot of potential here, but everything is a bit rough.

Karen-W

VouGin - I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that all of Massot's teams just seem so sloppy. They lack polish and it really shows when they're skating to the bland, slow, lovelorn crap music that has infected the pairs discipline over the last 6 years or so.

MsZem

I see the sea
"The Loneliest" is one of Maneskin's better songs, but it completely overpowers Valesi/Piazza.

tony

I think this team is much improved. Last year, it was more like the other Italians we saw at Skate America who had a rough go of it and literally skated through background music. Still kinda clunky throughout the step sequence which tells the story of their basics, but certainly not out of place as a whole.

Karen-W

ValPia - wait... he's related to Carolina Kostner? How did we not know this? Or did we? Meh program, but I give them props for having good SBS spins and that was a nice way to end their program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information