2019/2020 Russian National Competitions

oleada

I thought I'd get this thread rolling.

The Moscow Open Championships will be taking place from September 2-5, 2020. Mikhail Sharov posted some preliminary entries on his website:

https://fskate.ru/results/tour/1818.html

Notable entries:

Junior Men: Artur Danielian, Artem Kovalev, Ilia Yakovlov (also Artemiy Marinin, who is Maxim Marinin's son)

Junior Ladies: Sofia Akatieva

Junior Pairs: Anastasia Balabanova/Alexey Sviatchenko (new team; he medaled in the JGP Canada last year with Daria Kvartalova, Balabanova was a singles skater), Sofia Buzaeva/Nikita Rakhmanin (new team, he was 11th at Russian Nationals with Labazina), Anastasia Mukhortova/Dmitry Evgeniev, Diana Mukhametzyanova/Ilia Mironov

Junior Dance: Ekterina Andreeva/Ivan Desyatov, Polina Ivanenko/Daniil Utkin (new team - she medaled with Daniil Karpov twice in the JGP last year), Svetlana Lizunova/Alexander Vakhnov

hanca

Values her privacy
Also Belova/Chigiriev who were at the test skates. They also didn’t look that bad.

Ka3sha

1st Russian Cup event starts today

Schedule:
Sept, 18th
Juniors and Seniors, Rhythm Dance
Sept, 19th
13.00 – 14.30 – Free Dance, juniors
14.45 – 15.00 – Free Dance, seniors
16.00 – 18.15 – Junior Men, SP
18.30 – 20.00 – Senior Men, SP
Sept, 20th
14.00 – 16.30 – Junior Men, LP
16.45 – 18.30 – Senior Men, LP
18.45 – 20.15 – Junior Pairs, SP
20.30 – 21.30 – Senior Pairs, SP
Sept, 21st
14.00 – 15.30 – Junior Pairs, LP
15.45 – 16.45 – Senior Pairs, LP
17.00 – 20.30 – Junior Ladies, SP
20.45 – 23.00 – Senior Ladies, SP
Sept, 22nd
12.00 – 16.00 – Junior Ladies, LP
16.15 – 18.30 – Senior Ladies, LP

Entries:

Amy L

Kostiukovich/Yalin are on the entry list!!!! I wonder if they're using this event as a test to see if they are ready to return to international competition???

J

Jeschke

Voronov, Murashov and Samoilov in men.
Good field for Egor and Vladimir to gain points for nationals.

Pavlychenko/Khodykin in seniors.

Nugumanova, Sakhanovich, Guliakova in ladies.
Where is Perkova? this would be a good field for her.

J

Jeschke

Do we have a stream? Will there be videos again?
I can't watch live and long to see Nugu and Vlad :drama:

Ka3sha

Do we have a stream? Will there be videos again?
I can't watch live and long to see Nugu and Vlad :drama:

Sylvia

TBD
1st Russian Cup event starts today

Schedule:
Sept, 18th
Juniors and Seniors, Rhythm Dance
Event page: https://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/4481-kubok-rossii-rostelekom-2019-2020-gg-1-j-etap.html

Senior & Junior RD videos (10 total) are uploaded here (search by female partner's last name or start order #): https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFSRussia/videos

Top 2 Junior RD:
1 Ольга МАМЧЕНКОВА / Марк ВОЛКОВ Olga MAMCHENKOVA / Mark VOLKOV 62.05 [RD Video]
2 Светлана ЛИЗУНОВА / Александр ВАХНОВ Svetlana LIZUNOVA / Alexander VAKHNOV 59.58 (scheduled to make JGP debut in Zagreb) [RD Video]

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Kostiukovich/Yalin are on the entry list!!!! I wonder if they're using this event as a test to see if they are ready to return to international competition???
Well, they will need to attend two Russian cup events to qualify for the nationals if they don’t have a JGP event.

Amy L

Well, they will need to attend two Russian cup events to qualify for the nationals if they don’t have a JGP event.

I just saw that they aren't listed for CRO anymore, so when I wrote that I didn't realize that they weren't doing the JGP at all. How many Russia cup events are there for pair teams? I just checked Google and St. Petersburg to Syzran is 9 hours of travel. That doesn't seem all that convenient, especially for people who are injured or have other issues going on. Anyways, I just hope they're doing okay (guess we'll find out after the pairs SP!)

hanca

Values her privacy
I just saw that they aren't listed for CRO anymore, so when I wrote that I didn't realize that they weren't doing the JGP at all. How many Russia cup events are there for pair teams? I just checked Google and St. Petersburg to Syzran is 9 hours of travel. That doesn't seem all that convenient, especially for people who are injured or have other issues going on. Anyways, I just hope they're doing okay (guess we'll find out after the pairs SP!)
There are five events in total (plus the final but that doesn’t count towards the qualification); every pair team is attending two events (or if they attend more, the other events don’t count towards the qualification). Pairs is the only discipline where they can attend both junior and senior Russian cup event and qualify through the events to both nationals doing two junior and two senior events and placing high enough. (In other disciples one needs to choose whether they will do junior or senior Russian cup events. In those disciplines the skater can qualify to both junior and senior nationals only if they attend JGP event and do senior cups, or if they get to JGPF).

J

Jeschke

Samoilov
Awesome outfit.
No belly-show with this shirt possible though, obviously he just joined Volchkova-show :rofl:

3a
1s :gallopin1
3lz3t beautiful
messed up sit spin

Totally slipped off the edge at the quad attempt :wall:

I just love his glide and musicality. A shame he is such a :gallopin1

He better delivers the FS to make it to nationals.:drama:

Volchkova gives him hell coming off the ice.
71,84pts

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Egor Murashov
Slay :encore:

4t3t (damn why not at lombardia :drama:)
3lz beauty
these steps are everything :love:
3a stepout
nipple camel spin :rofl:

This SP is so my guilty pleasure program of this season So trashy, so good! :love:

His axel takeoff looks really worrisome; he slips totally away, same at Lombardia.

Well done. Really like his posture.

81,59pts.

J

Jeschke

Last year it was pointed out points in singles will be rewarded as follow: 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1

How does the qualification system work for dance and pairs?

Last edited by a moderator:

hanca

Values her privacy
Last year it was pointed out points in singles will be rewarded as follow: 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1

How does the qualification system work for dance and pairs?
That’s how it has always been. Well, at least the past 5-6 years that I have been watching it.
Pairs and ice dance are the same.

oleada

Kostiukovich/Yalin

Both in black, she in a unitard.
Her look is giving me Samodurova vibes

3Tw4
2A
3FTh - think she had her hadn't down but it was a bad angle so maybe just forward on the landing ETA: Def no hand down.
Lift4
Death Spiral L1
SPIns L2 - had good unison, though
Step sequence L3 - thought it had some cool moves in it!

Didn't get much sense of the program yet but that was a strong skate aside from some level issues which is not unusual for them. Don't get why the they didn't get a JPG based on this skate!

67.08 and they have a huge lead, into 1st.

Amy L

So why aren't K/I in the JGP again? :shuffle: That was at least 50x better than Pepeleva/Pleshkov and Schegolova/Kalashnikov.

oleada

So why aren't K/I in the JGP again? :shuffle: That was at least 50x better than Pepeleva/Pleshkov and Schegolova/Kalashnikov.
Yeah, I'm not getting this choice at all. The LP is still too come but that would've been easily in second behind P/R in Croatia.

oleada

Mukhortova/Evgeniev
(Since Nepela is on break and still have the stream open)

3Tw1 crashy! Good! They only did 2Tw before
2A
3LzTh held on
Lift Ok, probably not their strongest element L3
Death spiral, cool variation L1
Spins - he had a bobble in the first position but got it together, kinda far apart, L4

I like them, think they have shown progress since the test skates

oleada

On to senior pairs,

Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin

3F, hers looked <
3Tw4
Awesome lift, L3
SBS spins, she finished earlier than him, L4
3LoTh, she's so tough holding on to that edge
Step sequence, L4
Death spiral L3

Great skate aside from the SBS flips. Look more like a pair than last year.

oleada

Kudryatseva/Spiridonov also had a really good clean skate. But, I don't get this sultry program for them - they are quite bland and IMO don't have much connection on the ice.

hanca

Values her privacy
Kudryatseva/Spiridonov also had a really good clean skate. But, I don't get this sultry program for them - they are quite bland and IMO don't have much connection on the ice.
But she landed triple throw, which doesn’t happen often. Maybe she finally got over her problems with popping throws.

Tinami Amori

Kunitza/Sambo-70 won Jr. Men

Samoilov/"Moskvich" won Sr. Men

Voronov/CSKA - 2nd

all videos from the competition up to the end of 09-20-2019 (Moscow time).

Tonight 09-21-19 (copying from above/Ka3sha's post)

Sept, 21st
14.00 – 15.30 – Junior Pairs, LP
15.45 – 16.45 – Senior Pairs, LP
17.00 – 20.30 – Junior Ladies, SP
20.45 – 23.00 – Senior Ladies, SP
Sept, 22nd
12.00 – 16.00 – Junior Ladies, LP
16.15 – 18.30 – Senior Ladies, LP

hanca

Values her privacy
On the positive side, Kostiukovich/Ialin were not as bas as I expected. They didn’t do any triples in this competition. Having Panfilova/Rylov’s side by side jump content may be fine if one also have P/R’s quality on their pair elements, which unfortunately K/I don’t have. However, even though they are quite significantly worse than they were the last two seasons, I do think they deserved their JGP events because they are not as bad as Pepeleva/Pleshkov, Vislobokova/Briukhanov and Scheglova/Kalashnikov. Unless it was K/I’s decision not to do the JGP events and spend the time getting back their jumps?

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, Kostiukovich/Ialin were beaten by a newly created pair where the girl is new to beginners. Same with Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov, beaten by also a newly created pair with a girl new to pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information