Russian Cup, 4th stage (Nov, 8-12, Kazan)

Kateri

void beast
Loved their short, but this was eh. Also, I am done holding out hope for pairs with this physical matchup, i.e. (ACCORDING TO MY EXTERNAL OPINION WHICH POSSIBLY HAS NO BEARING ON REALITY BUT I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF PAIRS) her getting taller and desperately trying to stay thin enough for him to lift her, but ending up with no muscle mass and no strength to survive an LP. Stop trying to stay thin at all costs and get BUFF! It works better!!!

J

Jeschke

Tarasova/Morozov will need second event, and so will Mishina/Galliamov and Boikova/Kozlovski.
We can pretty much assume, those 3 teams might make it to nationals, even if they don't skate a second event. Same goes for Panfilova/Rylov. So who knows if they show up after Rostelecom.
M/M would be fourth at best.
4th would already put them above A/R and P/P.
However, pairs like Vasilieva/Volodin, Solovieva/Ivanov etc will very likely want their second event and that may be pushin M/M further down.
That might happen, nontheless Mukhametzianova/Mironov have 12 points counting already. 6pts more than V/V. They are in a better position going into.

We have too many variables. Who will skate, who is getting a bye? A lot can happen and for teams liek A/R this will be a long long wait.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Up to now, I’ve most enjoyed Pepe leva/Pleshkov’s Orpheus & Eurydice LP, even though Kadyriva/Balchenko topped them.

Zamboni break...

hanca

Values her privacy
We can pretty much assume, those 3 teams might make it to nationals, even if they don't skate a second event. Same goes for Panfilova/Rylov. So who knows if they show up after Rostelecom.

4th would already put them above A/R and P/P.

That might happen, nontheless Mukhametzianova/Mironov have 12 points counting already. 6pts more than V/V. They are in a better position going into.

We have too many variables. Who will skate, who is getting a bye? A lot can happen and for teams liek A/R this will be a long long wait.
I have no doubt that Tarasova/Morozov, Mishina/Galliamov and Boikova/Kozlovski will be competing at the nationals even if they don’t do their second event. However, unless there is a rule before the fifth event that gives them the pass to the nationals, it is likely that they will rather compete unless they have a solid excuse why they couldn’t.

IF the federation made a rule that T/M, M/G and B/K don’t have to attend the fifth event, that would make the qualifying more fair because trying to qualify with all those three pairs there taking the top three spots, that’s nearly impossible. That’s why the federation was making an effort to evenly spread the members of the national team among the available events at the beginning of the season. It’s a pity that it didn’t work out as planned. Sadly, the Russian federation is not known for taking consideration of fairness in the cup events - you either qualify or not - your problem.

J

Jeschke

I still like T/M's first costume to this program the most. (the blue nightie)
Still, her new dress is gorgeous.

hanca

Values her privacy
Loved their short, but this was eh. Also, I am done holding out hope for pairs with this physical matchup, i.e. (ACCORDING TO MY EXTERNAL OPINION WHICH POSSIBLY HAS NO BEARING ON REALITY BUT I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF PAIRS) her getting taller and desperately trying to stay thin enough for him to lift her, but ending up with no muscle mass and no strength to survive an LP. Stop trying to stay thin at all costs and get BUFF! It works better!!!
Well, Kadyrova is 16 in one month, so she probably won’t do that much growing. She may fill out a bit, but I don’t think she will be significantly taller. It looks that she is lucky that she has a figure like Pavliuschenko.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I was talking Vladimir through that jump pass and got distracted by a Poodle. I'm sorry, Buddy. I'll do better next time.

Hanna

Skating junkie
I really don't care much for Adagio but this version does build really well, so I can see it as tempting music to skate to.

That was mostly skated quite well. :)

Ending with the pairs spin and those high notes. :scream: Perhaps a more suitable ending could be considered.

J

Jeschke

Who cares about that godawful cover?
I absolutely loved that :encore:

So many great small details! Stunning!
(and yeah, they have been way messier a dozen times, so I'll take it)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Clearly, he hasn't completely recovered from YKW because stamina isn't usually a problem for them, but I love this program. Can't wait to see it with some more mileage. They do classical so well.

J

Jeschke

Was the exit of the axel lift always like that, that he keeps his hands away? :yikes:
#createdtogodrasticallywrong

Kateri

void beast
I wish the last 1/3 didn't happen, because the first 2/3 was the best I think they ever performed that programme (which I didn't really like before now)

J

Jeschke

I am still trying to figure out, how exactly Panfilova/Rylov are going to push 2 of those 4 (+P/K) out of the team :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information