2023 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 27-30, Anaheim, CA

Sylvia

TBD
Schedule in the NHL and Olympic rinks, Thursday-Saturday, in Pacific time: https://glacierfalls.com/wp-content...lacier-Falls-Summer-Classic-full-schedule.pdf

Venue: The Rinks – Anaheim ICE, 300 West Lincoln Ave., Anaheim, CA
"An admission fee will be charged for all non-credentialed spectators. The fee is $ 10.00 per day or $30.00 for an all-event pass. Children under the age of 10 will be admitted for free."

Livestream ($10/day for both rinks; please be aware there is no replay archive): https://www.coronadoproductions.net/live-video
To Watch Please proceed to the Rink location on the right and then the Buy Now Button, purchase 15-30 minutes before scheduled time.
Proceed by clicking the Continue button. After check out you will be taken directly to the LIVE VIDEO. The event can only be watched live, do not press pause button.
LIVE Video only, please don't pay until day of event.

===

NQS Starting Orders/Results (July 27-29): https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/33415/index.asp

All other results (July 27-30): https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/33654/index.asp

===

* = currently listed in USFS' ISP

Thursday, July 27 Senior/Junior events in the NHL Rink:

Junior Men (12:30-1:40 pm Pacific time) SP starting order includes *Antonio Monaco, Luke Wang, Damian Malczyk (CZE), Vaclav Vasquez, Sergei Evseev, *Alexander Liu.

Junior Women Combined Grp A (3:15-4:50 pm PT) SP starting order includes Keira Hilbelink (too young for ISP), *Logan Higase-Chen, *Mia Barghout, *Cleo Park, *Teryn Kim.

Senior Pairs SP (7:35-8:05 pm PT) starting order:
1 Isabelle Martins, Chicago FSC / Ryan Bedard, Northern Ice SC (re-teamed/senior debut)
2 *Chelsea Liu, SC of New York / Balazs Nagy, SC of New York (new/debut)
3 Katie McBeath, Winterhurst FSC / Daniil Parkman, Georgian Figure Skating Federation (new/debut)
4 Ellie Korytek, SC of New York / Timmy Chapman, SC of New York (senior debut)

Senior Woman Exhibition SP (8:20 pm Pacific start time): *Josephine Lee
Junior Women Combined Grp B SP (8:20-10:00 pm PT) starting order includes: *Annika Chao, *Sherry Zhang, Melania Blecic, Olivia Flores.

===

Friday, July 28 Senior/Junior events in the NHL Rink:

Junior Women Combined FS Grp A (8:45-10:35 am Pacific time)
Junior Men Combined FS (10:50 am-12:10 pm PT)
Junior Women Combined FS Grp B (1:25-3:15 pm PT) with Senior Woman Skating Exhibition FS

Senior Women SP (NHL Rink from 3:30-5:20 pm Pacific) starting order:
1 Erica Machida, Peninsula SC
2 *Hanna Harrell, Los Angeles FSC
3 *Clare Seo, Broadmoor SC
4 *Alexa Gasparotto, Arctic FSC
5 *Sonja Hilmer, Centennial SC
6 *Sarah Everhardt, Washington FSC
7 *Nicole Park, Glacier Falls FSC
8 Julia Fennell, Kent Valley FSC
9 *Hannah Herrera, Cottonwood Heights FSC
10 *Audrey Shin, SC of New York
11 *Elyce Lin-Gracey, Pasadena FSC
12 Courtney Hicks, SC of Wilmington
13 Kailey Wistort, Coyotes SC of Arizona
14 Lianna O'Grady, Skokie Valley SC
15 Dimitra Korri, Hellenic Winter Sports Federation (GRE)
16 *Mia Kalin, St. Moritz ISC
17 *Soho Lee, Glacier Falls FSC
(FS on Saturday 5:25-7:40 pm PT.)

Senior Men SP (NHL Rink from 7:00-8:30 pm Pacific) starting order:
1 Aleksa Rakic, Skate Canada
2 Goku Endo, Los Angeles FSC
3 Matthew Nielsen, Winterhurst FSC
4 Alain Sandraz, Peninsula SC
5 *Samuel Mindra, Portland ISC
6 *Kai Kovar, Wasatch FSC
7 Paul Yeung, All Year FSC
8 *Michael Xie, SC of San Francisco
9 Jack Liu, SC of Boston
10 *Liam Kapeikis, Wenatchee FSC
11 Stephen Gogolev, Skate Canada
12 Eric Sjoberg, Los Angeles FSC
13 *Yaroslav Paniot, All Year FSC
(FS on Saturday 7/29 from 7:55-9:45 pm PT.)

Senior Pairs FS (Friday 8:45-9:20 pm Pacific time)

Junior Pairs SP starting order (NHL Rink from 9:20-10:00 pm Pacific time):
1 Audrey Park, All Year FSC / Carter Griffin, All Year FSC (JGP age-eligible)
2 Melania Delis, All Year FSC / Jaden Schwab, St. Paul FSC
3 *Naomi Williams, SC of Boston / Lachlan Lewer, Broadmoor SC (JGP)
4 *Olivia Flores, Thunderbirds FSC / Luke Wang, Los Angeles FSC (JGP)
5 Catherine Rivers, Knoxville FSC / Nathan Rensing, All Year FSC
(FS on Saturday 3:45-4:30 pm PT.)

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Ok well I'm watching Glacier Falls now because I don't have anything else to do today haha
I plan on purchasing the live stream when I get home from work just so I can watch the pairs! Bonus is getting to watch the senior men tomorrow night too.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I plan on purchasing the live stream when I get home from work just so I can watch the pairs! Bonus is getting to watch the senior men tomorrow night too.
Well the first skater I saw was named Ice so that was exciting, but alas she also was on the ice a couple times which is probably not what she wanted. The next skater (Sophia Soto) is a much stronger jumper but I also had to suffer through a half-way done cartwheel and some bordering on twee choreography which you know how much I love.

I love skating so much you can't get this kind of entertainment just anywhere.

Rukia

Literally these music choices have been completely bonkers and I want all the top ice dance schools to listen to this and use these for free dances trust me they all have whack rhythm changes and they are amazing

Karen-W

Well the first skater I saw was named Ice so that was exciting, but alas she also was on the ice a couple times which is probably not what she wanted. The next skater (Sophia Soto) is a much stronger jumper but I also had to suffer through a half-way done cartwheel and some bordering on twee choreography which you know how much I love.

I love skating so much you can't get this kind of entertainment just anywhere.
OMG! I just commented on my work team chat about that little girl named Ice. It's as if her parents PLANNED on her being an ice skater! Or a diamond miner.

Rukia

hold up is this the music for Extraordinary Attorney Woo?

Edit: It totally was. That was awesome and also means I can manifest someone skating to the greatest hits of the greatest kdrama ever made, Hospital Playlist.

Rukia

Listen Mia Tanaka came out here knowing aliens are the moment and skated to The 5th Element in a full body suit with some mildly voidy choreo and I am living

Rukia

idk who that was singing The Sound of Music for Addison Kim's program but I was not a fan which means that will be the only music I'll hear again I'm sure

Karen-W

idk who that was singing The Sound of Music for Addison Kim's program but I was not a fan which means that will be the only music I'll hear again I'm sure
such a tragic life you lead, watching a low-level summer figure skating competition on a weekday...:violin:

Rukia

such a tragic life you lead, watching a low-level summer figure skating competition on a weekday...:violin:
tis true

actually this is my week off before I start my kids' school next week so it's just good timing. I turned off my 2 summer alarms so I'm feeling really good about things right now.

Sylvia

TBD
idk who that was singing The Sound of Music for Addison Kim's program
Carrie Underwood from The Sound of Music Live!" (televised) version, I believe? I didn't mind it too much because young Addison (who once skated a memorable "Cats" program, IIRC) was cute to watch in her pink-and-white dirndl dress together with her head and hand/arm gestures to the music! :D Ikaika Young was one of her coaches.

Veronica is likely the daughter of Dmitry Palamarchuk who coaches, AFAIK, in the Dallas area (assume her mom was one of the 2 women coaching her).

Rukia

Carrie Underwood from The Sound of Music Live!" (televised) version, I believe? I didn't mind it too much because young Addison (who once skated a memorable "Cats" program, IIRC) was cute to watch in her pink-and-white dirndl dress together with her head and hand/arm gestures to the music! :D Ikaika Young was one of her coaches.
Oh yes she was very cute. And Carrie Underwood would explain a lot about what I didn't like about it hahaha.

Rukia

Lizbeth Tu might be my new favorite she's got it all

Karen-W

Oh yes she was very cute. And Carrie Underwood would explain a lot about what I didn't like about it hahaha.
There wasn't a lot to like about Carrie Underwood's turn as "Maria" - that particular production was saved by the actual Broadway stars they cast in supporting roles.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The only explanation for why anyone would skate to that version of the song is that she's too young to remember what an utter crapshow that TV show was. I find upon looking it up that it's ten years old, which makes me feel ancient.

Rukia

Last program of this group is Swan Lake, but it had some of the jankiest edits so it wasn't boring because I never knew what was coming next

Rukia

Oh Luke Wang also has some very good choreographic moments and he's selling it.

Sylvia

TBD
Antonio Monaco has some very springy jumps and nice spins. Good flow in fw. Very impressed by him.
Looked like Antonio had his opening 3F+3T before he fell out of the toe. Kori Ade (no bandana today over her short & curly hair) and his choreographer, Rohene Ward, were by the boards with him.
Oh Luke Wang also has some very good choreographic moments and he's selling it.
Yes, I thought he captured the Tango well - fell out of his opening 3T+3T and fell on his 3Lz. Both he and his pairs partner are competing in singles here. Tammy Gambill and Sandy (Rucker) Straub were by the boards.

I was enjoying the beautiful classical music (Elgar?) at the beginning of Damian Malczyk's program before it switched :( - Michal Brezina was with him. Link to Malcyzk's ISU bio for CZE (not yet updated for this season): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00110368.htm

Last edited:

Rukia

DFSC must be out there in abundance because Alexander Liu had a very loud cheering section. I thought he did a good job though. Jumps probably aren't as difficult as some.

Sylvia

TBD
2nd group of Junior men:

Andriy Kratyuk landed all his planned jumps (3Lz - called < by panel, 3S+2T, 2A) and celebrated at the end. :) He seemed into his "Jessie’s Girl" program by Rick Springfield - coached by Samuel Mindra's coaches, Mari Malama & Nani Tanaka.
someone got the 80's memo

jk I love Jessie's Girl

edit: a random remix what a delight
Yes, the remix/techno beat started in the 2nd half - fun music!

These 3 competed in Junior at 2023 U.S. Nationals:

Vaclav Vasquez ("Golden Hour" by JVKE) - landed 3T+2T, 2Lz (he can land 3Lz in practice) & 2A. He's coached by Kelly & Junichi Takemura (they team coach with Sean Rabbitt).

Sergei Evseev ("Lion" by Saint Mesa): 3T+3T eked out, 3Lz fall, 2A - coached by Hov Mkrtchyan.

Alexander Liu (last season's "Malagueña" by Brian Setzer Orchestra): 3Lz hand, 3F+2T, 2A - lots of delighted screaming from the audience after he finished and his coaches - Cambria Jones & Ashley Fitzpatrick - looked very pleased as well.

Liu (64.38) wins by less than one point over Monaco (63.47) - protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/33415/SEGM003.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information