2024 US Nats Womens SP - Qs Will Roll

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Nice contrast between these two young women - skating style, age, music, body type, everything. I’d give tonight to Isabeau because for me Amber is missing that extra piece of connection with the music, but it should be as close as it is.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Short Program Results - https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2024/33688/SEGM018.html

118Isabeau Levito, SC Of Southern New Jersey75.38
217Amber Glenn, Dallas FSC74.98
313Clare Seo, Broadmoor SC67.41
416Lindsay Thorngren, SC of New York65.33
59Josephine Lee, All Year FSC65.28
67Sarah Everhardt, Washington FSC63.21
715Audrey Shin, SC of New York62.79
88Soho Lee, Glacier Falls FSC61.92
914Starr Andrews, Los Angeles FSC60.35
1010Mia Kalin, St. Moritz ISC59.71
1112Elyce Lin-Gracey, Pasadena FSC58.25
1211Sonja Hilmer, Centennial SC57.16
136Katie Shen, Glacier Falls FSC56.87
142Michelle Lee, Broadmoor SC55.23
153Brooke Gewalt, Wagon Wheel FSC54.56
164Wren Warne-Jacobsen, Go4Gold Shakopee Skating Academy50.07
171Lindsay Wang, Los Angeles FSC49.42
185Alex Evans, SC of New York47.90

peibeck

Simply looking
on my screen, the illusion is a little orange on her dress.

Such a beautiful skater but a little wobbly on spins tonight

It's a purple-pink on my tv, which I switched to USA during the final flight. On Peacock it looked all grey. 🤷‍♂️

honey

I thought Amber did very well, but I did feel she was tighter than Skate America. She didn’t completely grab me tonight, which is why I am not surprised they went with Isabeau on the PCS. Well that and they likely would have regardless because Isabeau has had a much stronger fall season than Amber and we’re all kidding ourselves if we say that doesn’t matter.

Sally1214

Well, that was a fun evening. Sure hope there's a link for us Canucks to be able to watch the men's SP tomorrow. 🙏
Good night, all.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Yeah, that's a great job for you. You've always been known around the figure skating community as someone who supposed skaters with excellent competition nerves!
Ha. Once upon a time Michelle Kwan and Anna Shcherbakova were a basket of nerves, but through mentally skating with them, they became iron maidens with competitive nerves of steel. Isabeau is a work in progress. Brezina was hopeless from the start.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Sorry, y'all. I had to take a break from my wheelchair, but I watched all of it. I sure hate what happened to Starr on her triple triple. I'm proud of her for improvising and adding that double to her other triple.

Okay, I'm like so proud of Amber. Honey, she knocked it out of the ballpark and then some! Anyone that's a friend of mine on FB knows that I have a cover comic strip of Clippy which I made. I know Clippy is so damn happy because Amber is one of his favorite skaters along with Jason Brown and Michelle Kwan! ;) :respec:

And Isabeau was fabulous except for the mess up on that spin. She really is like a ballerina.

Now, if Amber does that triple axel and skates like she did tonight, there may be a battle and well worth watching. I know and feel like both will be on that podium, but in what order is the question. This is going to be soooooo totally awesome to watch!

Last edited:

kittyjake5

Peacock streaming has Adam and Ashley. USA network has Tara, Johnny, and Terry Gannon.
My cable package does not include USA so I have been watching the Peacock stream. Nothing against Ashley and Adam personally but I am not pleased
with their commentary. They never shut up, babbling incessantly throughout the entire program. That said Amber was fabulous and my favorite program tonight!
I am glad Isabeau changed her SP this one shows off her style much better, very talented young woman!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
My cable package does not include USA so I have been watching the Peacock stream. Nothing against Ashley and Adam personally but I am not pleased
with their commentary. They never shut up, babbling incessantly throughout the entire program. That said Amber was fabulous and my favorite program tonight!
I am glad Isabeau changed her SP this one shows off her style much better, very talented young woman!
@peibeck shared this link where you can watch the USA livestream without having to sign it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information