2023 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 27-30, Anaheim, CA

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
in case you ever wondered if you could do an even more emo cover of fix you, this should answer your question

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Okay, y'all have to describe Paniot's costume to us. @Karen-W, this is the hour you were born for.

This is very accurate for me too. Like he was actually performing and not just posing. And showing some skill. I was impressed.

His costume was a faux tank-top with a lightning bolt on a diagonal (I say faux because it looked like there were short sleeves made of illusion fabric???) with some read pants that had like Spider-man web looking things only they appeared to be designed to emphasize his crotch area don't shoot the messenger
Here you go - https://www.instagram.com/p/CvTsfw-LBLJCAW4dB8qlxGdP-eTti0Zui7BaTk0/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I think it's a flesh-ish tone t-shirt under the tank-top.

sk8nlizard

This is very accurate for me too. Like he was actually performing and not just posing. And showing some skill. I was impressed.

His costume was a faux tank-top with a lightning bolt on a diagonal (I say faux because it looked like there were short sleeves made of illusion fabric???) with some read pants that had like Spider-man web looking things only they appeared to be designed to emphasize his crotch area don't shoot the messenger
Absolutely! Also, I don’t ever remember him spinning as well as he did at this competition!

Karen-W

BTW - I totally missed how Kai Kovar and Aleksa Rakic skated because I was doing @Rukia's Lord's work there, giving everyone what we really need - the screen capture pic of Paniot's costume - which is truly the only thing memorable so far tonight. Looks like Kai skated very well, based on his score.

Rukia

Kovar and Rakic were fine but there was nothing really memorable to me about their programs just some emoting to emotional music

Karen-W

Kovar and Rakic were fine but there was nothing really memorable to me about their programs just some emoting to emotional music
Same with Liam, though his jumps were definitely more miss than hit tonight. Nothing terrible, just lots of three-turns out of those landings.

Rukia

If Goku Endo had a JULIIIEEETTTT voiceover he would have won the free skate I will defend this statement in a court of law

Karen-W

If Goku Endo had a JULIIIEEETTTT voiceover he would have won the free skate I will defend this statement in a court of law
You know, if it weren't for Yaro's absolute win when it comes to the camp factor, Endo would have had the most memorable program of the men. As it is, here's hoping Goku and Kai both get a Challenger assignment.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I agree - the 4T was a beauty.

About Mia Kalin - right…but it shows us that, compared to the World scene two years ago, being an Ultra-C Gal today means little. Style and musicality mean much more. Not even the top-scoring FP in this group (which was Hannah Herrera) had an Ultra-C element, did it?

Karen-W

About Mia Kalin - right…but it shows us that, compared to the World scene two years ago, being an Ultra-C Gal today means little. Style and musicality mean much more. Not even the top-scoring FP in this group (which was Hannah Herrera) had an Ultra-C element, did it?
Well, having a 4T isn't going to get you far if you have errors on other jumping passes, and Mia did tonight. She is improving, but you can still see how her shallow her edges are and don't even get any of us who watched live started on how lacking her program was in character, style or presentation.

Frau Muller

I just read the thread and nobody commented on Hannah Herrera, who had the highest-scoring FP! She skated after Park/Hicks and before Hilmer and Kalin…not mentioned or reported here. Everybody’s bathroom break? 😉
It was, I later saw - posts 220 & 221.

Last edited:

Karen-W

I just read the thread and nobody commented on Hannah Herrera, who had the highest-scoring FP! She skated after Park/Hicks and before Hilmer and Kalin…not mentioned or reported here. Everybody’s bathroom break? 😉
I did - she had a generic tango program. I was underwhelmed, despite her putting up the winning FS score.

Frau Muller

I did - she had a generic tango program. I was underwhelmed, despite her putting up the winning FS score.

Ah, ok. I missed the name. (Sylvia also posted on Herrera.) Funny that nobody went gah-gah for what turned out to be the highest-scoring FP (about 5 points higher than winner Shin’s FP). I hope that the last group of FPs will be shown/posted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information