2023 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 27-30, Anaheim, CA

Sylvia

TBD
Sarah Everhardt (selections from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons) - gets good air on most of her jumps: 3Lz, 3F, 2A+3T, 3Lo+2A / 3Lo, 3Lz+2T+1Lo, 3S fell out/fall.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
LMAO - there's not an ounce of originality coming from Everhardt's costume designer. Blue for Vivaldi's "Four Seasons"? Might as well have just used The Piano Guys mash-up of Four Seasons & Frozen. :rofl:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
She started out really strong which gives me hope that these are just early season tiredness issues towards the end. The program itself is there.

Sylvia

TBD
Sarah Everhardt - 117.72 FS 2nd, 182.80 2nd overall.

Final standings - top 7 were close together! https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/33415/CAT010SEG018.html

113Audrey Shin, SC of New York166.613117.41184.02
214Sarah Everhardt, Washington FSC265.082117.72182.80
312Elyce Lin-Gracey, Pasadena FSC461.644117.34178.98
411Clare Seo, Broadmoor SC363.977113.40177.37
58Hannah Herrera, Cottonwood Heights FSC953.421122.78176.20
69Sonja Hilmer, Centennial SC658.915115.23174.14
710Mia Kalin, St. Moritz ISC559.576113.72173.29

Sylvia

TBD
Also, kudos to Erica Machida (Peninsula SC) in the first group who skated to music I'm not personally fond of (Billie Eilish medley) and looked like she really enjoyed performing on the ice today. She placed 11th and 94.36 is a really good FS score! Anastasia Sharenkova & Derrick Delmore were by the boards for her.

Rukia

Ok so maybe the jumps aren't there but I'm having a blast watching Mindra skate

Sylvia

TBD
Samuel Mindra (medley of 3 songs used in the Guardians of the Galaxy films: "The Chain" / "Come and Get Your Love" / "Since You've Been Gone"): 3T fall, 3Lz fall, 2F+2T, he’s having fun emoting to the middle section with shoulder waggles :) 2A+3T, 3turns into 1Lo, 2Lz+2A+2T, 3S, cool sliding move into final spin.

121.52 FS, 183.45.

This is an audience-friendly vehicle for him - hope he can get the jumps back / better for his next comps.

Rukia

These might be some of the best edits I've heard. Like they actually blended and made sense.

When Yeung was on his jumps were fantastic. Unfortunately he wasn't always on.

Rukia

yesssss finally someone came and served fantastic

this was goku endo I really gotta remember to add names to these

Karen-W

Really great program from Goku Endo! Even if it is lacking "Juuuuuuliet!" voiceovers, lol.

Karen-W

My God... Yaro is BRINGING it with the costumes this season. This might be the only time I'll forgive a tank-top. Of course, a double-double ain't gonna rock the judges, lol.

bladesofgorey

That was camp of the highest order.
edited to add: like, I'm not sure if he's in on the joke or not which is camp as an art form.

Rukia

The air-brushing on the pants is something else...
someone had a vision to distract the judges

this is the most I've ever like paniot when his jumps are the weakest idk what to do about this

Karen-W

That was camp of the highest order.

someone had a vision to distract the judges

this is the most I've ever like paniot when his jumps are the weakest idk what to do about this
Pray for him to get his jumps back, because we need this kind of camp in our lives if we're going to have to sit through multiple tangos in every competition.

Rukia

everybody except endo is too sleepy to jump tonight

Rukia

that is the 2nd or 3rd time this competition I've heard that last song in Sjoberg's program but I can't remember what it is

sk8nlizard

Pray for him to get his jumps back, because we need this kind of camp in our lives if we're going to have to sit through multiple tangos in every competition.
This is the first time I’ve watched Yaro and thiught he could skate! Talented jumper, yes, performer/showman, absolutely but he typically just poses a lot. These programs are difficult, especially the short Rohene did! I am super impressed. I hope the jump issues are a slow recovery from the ankle surgery he had (I can’t remember when it was). I really enjoyed watching him!

Rukia

This is the first time I’ve watched Yaro and thiught he could skate! Talented jumper, yes, performer/showman, absolutely but he typically just poses a lot. These programs are difficult, especially the short Rohene did! I am super impressed. I hope the jump issues are a slow recovery from the ankle surgery he had (I can’t remember when it was). I really enjoyed watching him!
This is very accurate for me too. Like he was actually performing and not just posing. And showing some skill. I was impressed.

His costume was a faux tank-top with a lightning bolt on a diagonal (I say faux because it looked like there were short sleeves made of illusion fabric???) with some read pants that had like Spider-man web looking things only they appeared to be designed to emphasize his crotch area don't shoot the messenger

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information