Euros 2024 Free Dance: “We Want More Rocky Horror Score”

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Demougeot & Le Mercier are going to keep the TES lead. :cheer2:

Lopareva & Brissaud really need to work on their chemistry. I love this program, but it would be so much better if I could feel anger between them. To me, they're performing separately.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Lovely from Lopareva/Brissaud, but there's something missing. I feel like they have excellent skills and Jeffrey is probably the best male partner out there, but this FD just not as intricate as I'd like.

I might have had them first, but not by a huge margin.

(And I'm fully waiting for the "let's thank the lovely organisers for this beautiful event" medal, but if yesterday was any indication, the Lithuanians shouldn't expect to overtake any of the current top 4 at worlds)

Sally1214

Does EVERY program have to be "brilliant," Chris? It was good, I guess, but I don't think I'm going to remember it forever (or even possiby tomorrow). This had better NOT get bronze over Allison and Saulius or we're going to have a riot on our hands!!

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I definitely enjoy the No. 2 teams from CZE and FIN more than the No. 1 teams.

I’m torn on the French teams, I like Lopareva and Le Mercier :lol: I’ve wondered for the last few years what they would be like skating together. Their partners are growing on me though.
If there’s a lesson from US ice dance this last decade, it’s that having two or more home teams pushing each other is a very good thing.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Lopareva & Brissaud really need to work on their chemistry. I love this program, but it would be so much better if I could feel anger between them. To me, they're performing separately.
This is actually true of a lot of their programs. I always wonder do they talk to each other? Do they know anything about the other person? Idk I'm not convinced they do.

But I still love their skating.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I hate to agree with Chris, but that was a little flat today. It must be hard to skate knowing barring a miracle and some well-placed falls, it doesn't matter how you skate, fourth is what you'll be.

Glad they're in the lead, but I think D/LM are coming for them, sooner rather than later.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Now, they don't have the big fed backing so it's a different world where their scores have been recalibrated to something more reasonable.
Then maybe people can settle down about them now. ;)

But also I am not forgetting that. I just thought it was :rolleyes: then and hating on a team for what might happen just seems OTT to me.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Now, they don't have the big fed backing so it's a different world where their scores have been recalibrated to something more reasonable.
However, they have Eteri as her mother, and the network of former Eastern bloc judges, many of whom are "loans" to other countries. We're not talking about the average Russian or journeyman skater from the US or Canada skating for Azerbaijan on whom no one would waste political capital.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Not a FD that allows the home town audience to really go crazy for you. And they clearly want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information