Euros 2024 Pairs FS: "We Want More Wedgies"

Icetalavista

Just looked at results (didn’t watch) and I don’t think I’ve ever seen more movement between phases of a competition in any discipline for so many skaters. Any theories?

Amy L

Just looked at results (didn’t watch) and I don’t think I’ve ever seen more movement between phases of a competition in any discipline for so many skaters. Any theories?
Have you never seen a men's event before? :lol: I didn't think there was any wacky amounts of movement myself. I think it's partially because there are no Russian teams, so there's no obvious/consistent top 3. This particular competition had a lot of wonky lifts as well, so some of the big drops in placements were due to that.

skatingguy

decently
Maria Pavlova/Alexei Sviatchenko 🇭🇺
Coach: Dmitri Savin, Fedor Klimov, Sofia Evdokimova
Music: My Perception of Love, Iron 2021

Triple Twist Lift 4
3T+2Aq+2A+SEQ
Throw 3F
3S
Axel Lasso Lift 3
Choreo Sequence
Throw 3Lo
Reverse Lasso Lift
3 (4 after review)
Hand/Hand Lift
4 (3 after review)
Back Outside Death Spiral 3

Pair Combo Spin 3 (2 after review)

Technically solid, but lacking refinement, and performance.

128.73 = 2nd Place
194.02 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Lucrezia Beccari/Matteo Guarise 🇮🇹
Coach: Luca Dematte, Rosanna Murante
Music: Cats (soundtrack)

Triple Twist Lift 4
3T+1A+2A<+SEQ
3S

Back Inside Death Spiral 3
Throw 3Lo
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Choreo Sequence
Axel Lasso Lift 4
Throw 3S
Hand/Hip Lift 4

Pair Combo Spin 4

Good skate after a couple shaky moments on the side-by-side jumps.

132.14 = 1st Place
199.19 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Minerva Fabienne Hase/Nikita Volodin 🇩🇪
Coach: Dmitri Svain, Knut Schubert, Rico Rex
Music: The Path of Silence, Power of Mind

Triple Twist Lift 3 (2 after review)
3T+2A+2A+SEQ - she stumbled on the 3rd jump
3S
Throw 3Lo - fall
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Pair Combo Spin 4

Axel Lasso Lift* - lift down - no value
Throw 3S
Choreo Sequence

Hand/Hip Lift 4

It's a different kind of pressure being the favourites. Hopefully they will have time now to train, and prepare for Worlds.

121.06 = 5th Place
190.69 = 4th Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Anastasiia Metelkina/Luka Berulava 🇬🇪
Coach: P. Sliusarenko, E. Zakroev, M. Trankov
Music: The Millionaire Waltz by Queen

Triple Twist Lift 4
3S< - she fell
Throw 3F
3T+1A+2T+SEQ - she singled the 2nd jump, he doubled
Axel Lasso Lift 4
Choreo Sequence
Throw 3Lo
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Hand/Hip Lift 4

Pair Combo Spin 4 (4V after review)

At the Junior Grand Prix Final this program had a lightness, and surety that was not present in this performance. This version of the program seemed to drag on, and they didn't have the confidence. The pressure of leading after the short program may have gotten to them.

124.84 = 5th Place
196.14 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Vagabond

Have you never seen a men's event before? :lol: I didn't think there was any wacky amounts of movement myself. I think it's partially because there are no Russian teams, so there's no obvious/consistent top 3. This particular competition had a lot of wonky lifts as well, so some of the big drops in placements were due to that.
In other words, when applied correctly, COP does what it is designed to do.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Anastasiia Metelkina/Luka Berulava 🇬🇪
Coach: P. Sliusarenko, E. Zakroev, M. Trankov
Music: The Millionaire Waltz by Queen

Triple Twist Lift 4
3S - she fell
Throw 3F
3T+1A+2T+SEQ - she singled the 2nd jump, he doubled
Axel Lasso Lift 4
Choreo Sequence
Throw 3Lo
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Hand/Hip Lift 4

Pair Combo Spin 4

At the Junior Grand Prix Final this program had a lightness, and surety that was not present in this performance. This version of the program seemed to drag on, and they didn't have the confidence. The pressure of leading after the short program may have gotten to them.

124.84 = 5th Place
196.14 = 2nd Place
It's more difficult to add time than take it away. I wonder if they plan to do junior or senior worlds?

skatingguy

decently
It's more difficult to add time than take it away. I wonder if they plan to do junior or senior worlds?
They got more world standing points for 2nd at Europeans than they can get for winning Junior Worlds, and since only one ISU Championship event per season is counted in the standings there is zero reason for them to go to Junior Worlds. They're in the running for a medal, if not the win, at the World Championships, and going to Junior Worlds isn't going to help them.

airgelaal

They got more world standing points for 2nd at Europeans than they can get for winning Junior Worlds, and since only one ISU Championship event per season is counted in the standings there is zero reason for them to go to Junior Worlds. They're in the running for a medal, if not the win, at the World Championships, and going to Junior Worlds isn't going to help them.
I’m not sure that the Georgian federation doesn’t need the title of World Junior Champions

Icetalavista

Lol 🤓. I LIKE movement. If the rankings stay the same between segments, then the judges aren’t doing their jobs or the segments aren’t different enough or the skills being performed aren’t difficult enough to result in errors and therefore scoring changes. I like dance but I look at the lockstep rankings and wonder why they bother doing more than one segment (in my crankier moments).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I like dance but I look at the lockstep rankings and wonder why they bother doing more than one segment (in my crankier moments).
I think the issue is the scoring system. COP seems to work well for events with high-risk elements but I don't think it works well for ice dance. Or maybe it's just how it's set up. All those Choreographic sequences that don't get levels are a big issue IMO.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Spots for next season

3 spots: Italy, Georgia, Germany
2 spots, Hungary, Netherlands, Great Britain, Poland

I don’t think France retains two since Kovalevs’ mid-competition withdrawal makes it as if France only had one entry. At least that’s how Russia was treated at junior worlds the year 2 competitors dropped out and their remaining entrant earned 3 spots by finishing in the top 2.

Vagabond

I don’t think France retains two since Kovalevs’ mid-competition withdrawal makes it as if France only had one entry. At least that’s how Russia was treated at junior worlds the year 2 competitors dropped out and their remaining entrant earned 3 spots by finishing in the top 2.
France retains two. It is treated exactly the same way as if the Kovalevs had started their Free Skate and not finished. It gets 12 points for having a pair that finished twelfth, and sixteen for a pair that finished 16th. 12+16=28. The maximum sum to gain two spots is 28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information