Euros 2024 Pairs Short - “We Want More Triples”

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Vaipan-Law/Digby are quite impressive but you can't really compete nowadays with a 2a.
They are energetic and have good speed and edges. Plus kudos for that throw, that was not an easy one but she ended up saving it beautifully.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
VLDigs - they're going for clean, if easier, elements today. He gets through their one decent lift, lol. Chris is pleased as punch about her throw landing, lol. Why are they ending on poorly synched SBS spins?

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Vaipan-Law/Digby are quite impressive but you can't really compete nowadays with a 2a.
They are energetic and have good speed and edges. Plus kudos for that throw, that was not an easy one but she ended up saving it beautifully.
I don't know why they do 2a, they were both decent singles skaters :(

skatingguy

decently
Anastasia Vaipan-Law/Luke Digby 🇬🇧
Coach: Simon Briggs, Debi Briggs, Jason Briggs
Music: Never Tear Us Apart by Bishop Briggs

3Tw 2
2A
Hand/Hip Lift
3 (4 after review)
Throw 3S
Step Sequence
4 (3 after review)
Forward Inside Death Spiral 2
Change Foot Combo Spin
4 - some timing issues (3 after review)

Started strong, then a couple issues with the last couple of elements. Overall, a strong skate for the #1 Brits.

56.79 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The Jive Aces! I believe they played at a swing dance I went to a few years ago.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Crafoords confuse me. They've been coached by the best skaters in history, they already have quite a lot of experience, some decent choreography and a general sense they actually want to succeed; and yet they haven't improved at all since the first time they went to an international competition. He in particularly looks like this is his first time on the ice.

But the Finns will be thankful to their western neighbors.

Karen-W

Crafoords - okay, twins, the bar is low for you to qualify for the FS... okay 3tw... ooof -, those SBS 2a were not good. Soooo slow across the ice on that lift. Will they get any green blobs? Battle between the Swedes and Finns for that last Q... oh, green blob on the L1 step sequence - Barely.

skatingguy

decently
Greta Crafoord/John Crafoord 🇸🇪
Coach: Bruno Massot
Music: Bring me Sunshine by The Jive Aces

3Tw 2
1A* - she singled fell, he turned out - invalid element - it was a disaster
Throw 3Lo
Hand/Hip Lift
4 (3 after review)
Forward Inside Death Spiral 2

Step Sequence 1
Change Foot Combo Spin 4 (2 after review)

I think the Swedes are going to do the Finns a favour. Yikes :yikes:

42.66 = 9th Place

Last edited:

Karen-W

Yikes - barely ahead of the Austrians and well behind the Finns. Guess that settles that.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Given the progress made by the Georgian team, I'm absolutely convinced if Kostonaria wants to progress, she and hubby need to bite the bullet and move to Perm for coaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information