2023 Grand Prix Final - Pairs FS: “Vampire Wars (Duel to the Death Spiral)”

Rainbow

But she was already an elite international senior pair skater! Nikita had like 4 partners in 4 years, and then hit the lotto on partner #5.
True, but name one possible partner matching a 1.67 m woman with the option of obtaining German citizenship in time for the next Olys. He is a real find for her. What`s more surprising is, that he was competition ready so fast after only skating in shows.

Amy L

True, but name one possible partner matching a 1.67 m woman with the option of obtaining German citizenship in time for the next Olys.
Ooh, does he? I don't know how long it normally takes for German citizenship, just that Massot barely passed the language test in time. Maybe Minerva has gifted him with German textbooks once she tried out with him. :COP:

Rainbow

Ooh, does he? I don't know how long it normally takes for German citizenship, just that Massot barely passed the language test in time. Maybe Minerva has gifted him with German textbooks once she tried out with him. :COP:
Watched an interview with them both and Minerva said, that it is a tight time frame, but with a realistic chance for 2026. He will start with proper German lessons after worlds.

Desperado

Is it bad that I didn’t enjoy any of the programs? And I had a good night’s sleep before watching too.

As for the Canadian teams, I’m starting to think comstant intensity is not helping Deanna and Maxime, although I very much appreciated his dependable performance today.

I worry about Trennt. Either he’s injured (bad) or the newbie filled with potential and good confidence Lia has overtaken the veteran (also bad).

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Kinda meh over the entire field today, but I have to say that the Hungarians remind me of Totmianina/Marinin in 1999. Technically proficient, usually going out and skating clean or close to it, but skating through the music and no connection to each other. This team will be in the medal hunt come Worlds but I think if they can find some kind of spark (even via the music lending itself to it), they could be the ones to beat.

I'm not so sold on the Germans yet. It's same old, same old for what we saw throughout her career so far in terms of music and 'feeling', and I don't think the choreography or intricacy is really there.

Conti and Macii had a good skate but those SBS combo jumps are miles apart and there's a bit of clunkiness to everything still. I love their feel-good and energetic vibes but I wish they would have stepped up from last year and developed a stronger program.

SD/D.. just flat and tight all the way through. I love the choreography of their programs most and I also really like how this program builds. She's extremely hard on herself in her quest for the perfect programs and I hope it doesn't start messing with their ability to actually deliver.

Colonel Green

🇨🇦 Pereira/Michaud - their twist height seems back to where it was last season, which is good. Error on final lift, thankfully not too scary. Not their best outing, but I hope they recognize how good their results have been and not get down on themselves.

🇮🇹 Ghilardi/Ambrosini - Vampires, Part 1. One of their less terrible jump days.

🇭🇺 Pavlova/Sviatchenko - now that’s a scary lift error. Unfortunate late disruption to what was going pretty well, even if it’s a generic program.

🇮🇹 Conti/Macii - as far, far apart on the jump combination as they are in real life post-breakup. But the rest goes well. Good rally event for them after underwhelming Grand Prixes.

🇨🇦 Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps - Vampires, Part 2. I appreciate the effort to make rote elements like the pair spin stand out. Stood up on the jumps which is fine for a pair team, but to really be a consistent finisher on the big podiums they need more reliable/smooth throw landings. A hair behind the Italians, as was all too often the case last year, but Deanna makes a Final podium for the first time in 24 years.

🇩🇪 Hase/Volodin - wow, it was tight among the top three. Interested to see how the eventual return of the Japanese will play into this.

Rainbow

I'm not so sold on the Germans yet. It's same old, same old for what we saw throughout her career so far in terms of music and 'feeling', and I don't think the choreography or intricacy is really there.
They have only had basically one off season to train and develop programs though. The focus is on the elements. They want to try other kind of programs in the future and Minerva said that she needs to get out of her comfort zone musicwise, though it will be difficult for her to relax into, say, a more fun upbeat program. It`s not their fault, if the more seasoned couples can`t step it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information