CAN
5Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nikita VOLODIN
GER.GIF
GER
6Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS
CAN.GIF
CAN

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
And we will have Mark for commentary, according to Ted at the end of the Jr. Women :)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
And we will have Mark for commentary, according to Ted at the end of the Jr. Women :)
Morning school run must be done, lol.

I feel like this thread title would have been equally appropriate for the Men...

skatingguy

decently
Maria Pavlova/Alexei Sviatchenko 🇭🇺
Coach: Dmitri Savin, Fedor Klimov, Sofia Evdokimova
Music: Another One Bites the Dust by Queen

skatingguy

decently
Maria Pavlova/Alexei Sviatchenko 🇭🇺
Coach: Dmitri Savin, Fedor Klimov, Sofia Evdokimova
Music: Another One Bites the Dust by Queen

3Tw 4
3T
Throw 3F
Hand/Hip Lift 4
Step Sequence 3
Forward Inside Death Sp 4

Ch Combo Spin 3

What a way to take advantage of an opportunity. Best skate of the season for them.

65.51 = 1st Place

Karen-W

Ted is sitting this one out for commentary. I wonder if he'll be back for the men. It's 2am here on the West Coast, so maybe he's grabbing a quick cat nap.

PavSvia - perfectly serviceable imported Russo-Hungarian team. Really weak SBS spins to end on only reinforces my belief they need a much better choreographer.

skatingguy

decently
Rebecca Ghilardi/Filippo Ambrosini 🇮🇹
Coach: Rosanna Murante, Ondrej Hotarek
Music: The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone

Karen-W

Can their families at home even watch them skate? I mean, who would put it past Putin to block the ISU YT channel in Russia?

Amy L

Can their families at home even watch them skate? I mean, who would put it past Putin to block the ISU YT channel in Russia?
There were plenty of people typing in Russian in the ISU chat (I thought they got rid of that for juniors?) But it's hard to tell if they were Russians in Russia using a VPN or if they were Russian speakers living abroad.

Karen-W

GhiAmbr - two weeks isn't long enough for me to forget this horrid SP. Hotarek should know better. Hey, she landed her 2a! He had an odd turn-out on it, so negative GOE, but still... yikes, hand down on the throw. This will not beat PavSvia and I'm fine with that because I hold a grudge like my mom is capable of for this music cut.

skatingguy

decently
Rebecca Ghilardi/Filippo Ambrosini 🇮🇹
Coach: Rosanna Murante, Ondrej Hotarek
Music: The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone

3Tw 4 - beautifully timed to the music
2A - it's always a struggle for her
Hand/Hip Lift 4
Throw 3Lz - hands down
Forward Inside Death Sp 3
Step Sequence 4

Ch Combo Spin 3 (2 after review)

The twist, and lifts are the highlights of their skating. The other elements were a challenge today.

61.91 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Karen-W

ConMac - this whole "grandpa's wedding song" story is getting old. Maybe we should suggest that Mark switch it up and tell us it was Niccolo's GRANDMOTHER'S wedding song?

Oooo - hand down from Niccolo on the SBS 3s, I think - he was pitched forward on the landing, but the judges gave it +GOE, so maybe I'm wrong.

ETA - yup, I was wrong. Replay showed it from a different angle and he kept his hand off the ice!

This is really a lovely program when skated clean, but they best not bring it back again for the Olympic season.

skatingguy

decently
Sara Conti/Niccolo Macii 🇮🇹
Coach: Barbara Luoni
Music: Cavalleria Rusticana by P. Mascagni

3Tw 4
Throw 3Lo
3S
Hand/Hip Lift 4
Forward Inside Death Sp 4
Step Sequence
3 (4 after review)
Ch Combo Spin 4

This is the first time this season that I've enjoyed this program. The performance was so smooth, and the transitions were so much better than earlier events that we were finally able to enjoy the emotion they were bringing.

70.30 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
ConMac - this whole "grandpa's wedding song" story is getting old. Maybe we should suggest that Mark switch it up and tell us it was Niccolo's GRANDMOTHER'S wedding song?

Oooo - hand down from Niccolo on the SBS 3s, I think - he was pitched forward on the landing, but the judges gave it +GOE, so maybe I'm wrong.

This is really a lovely program when skated clean, but they best not bring it back again for the Olympic season.
He was pitched a bit forward but kept the hand off the ice.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Conti/Macci to Cav Rusticana - well done but I associate this music with the US pair of The Seybolds in the late ‘80s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information