Grand Prix De France 2023- Men SP “It’s Raining Men”

SkateFanBerlin

This is why I can't argue with people like you giving these comments, without people saying how mean I am. :lol:

There is a rulebook. People on FSU (the kind that have watched every competition for the past 30+ years in some cases) say some of the craziest stuff without ever having attempted opening the rulebook and understanding the sport they have such serious opinions about. It's really wild to me. Did you go into a classroom and give a presentation on something you didn't research at all with the expectations that you would get a good grade and/or be taken seriously?

What you are saying is that you don't think the 97 is earned because A) he did a 3+3 and B) you hated rock music, that's what I got from your post. Alright then. You don't need to move in a sophisticated manner or have lyrical, flowing music to match the highs and lows of the music or have a great performance and/or composition quality. He's 20 years old and has shown many different styles of music in his senior career.

Now I'm going to link you to some rules, first of all about PCS scoring and what goes into those three components, and then B, read the rules about achieving positive GOE and additional points for elements. His jump quality, the distance, the flow in and out, is second to none. The complexity and deep edges he has throughout the program and in the step sequence also count for something.

And for what it's worth, Uno gets away with a 4F that has never ever been close to fully rotated, a quad loop that is also not fully rotated in most instances, a triple Axel that always has a wild lean mid jump, and programs that often show two-foot skating and turns or skating in one direction. Kagiyama has much more ease in his movements, throughout his entire body, and he picks up speed much easier. I think his posture is better, and I think his jump quality in general (the height, the technique, the flow in and especially out) is better, too.

Now- I ask again. Why is the 97 not justified with all of this material here for you to analyze?
Tony, I've seen your posts and they are mean spirited. You're not interested facts so much as bullying for the win. This is my last post on this. You can have one more. Anyway, the placements are correct.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Tony, I've seen your posts and they are mean spirited. You're not interested facts so much as bullying for the win. This is my last post on this. You can have one more. Anyway, the placements are correct.
You threw out foolish understanding what goes into components, you asked me to explain, I referenced the rulebook and gave about 10 reasons why Kagiyama is better.

If you don't want to learn, then that's on you. But to be mad that I replied to your request is :lol: No matter what I would have replied, it would have been rude.

You were told by another poster that you have no clue about skating. I should've saved my time and energy and just said that rather than trying to guide you to the place where quantitative rules are established that shut down your 'pounding rock music' being a reason to drop PCS.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
You threw out foolish understanding what goes into components, you asked me to explain, I referenced the rulebook and gave about 10 reasons why Kagiyama is better.

If you don't want to learn, then that's on you. But to be mad that I replied to your request is :lol: No matter what I would have replied, it would have been rude.

You were told by another poster that you have no clue about skating. I should've saved my time and energy and just said that rather than trying to guide you to the place where quantitative rules are established that shut down your 'pounding rock music' being a reason to drop PCS.
rule books are bullies too

jenny12

I’m sorry but this is such a disrespectful response. Tony took time to explain where the PCS value comes from and you just call it mean spirited?

You can like whatever you want but music choice doesn’t have any barring on skating qualities. I hate Imagine Dragons but their inane lyrics don’t make Yuma’s edges any less deep.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Just got caught up on the SP - I love that Jin is skating to Ultravox.

Kagiyama :love: so great to see him back on the ice and I hope by the end of the season this really pops as a program

Adam!! wow wow wow so good. Always great choreography and performance but I wasn't prepared for the jumps to be so good. But I wish he'd get a haircut because I am petty and the '70s want that bowl back.

When I saw Ilia in person at the Stars on Ice show, I saw how exciting his skating can be - but also that he's essentially a big puppy on the ice. Huge, effortless jumps followed by a loss of concentration stumble that takes him way longer than it should have to recover. And not for nothing that stumble came right after he started gesturing to the crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information