Novice Pairs - SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Jarmoc/Witkowski - their carriage and posture is so great. Fall from her on their SBS jumps. Clunky lift. Much better 2nd lift. Beautiful SBS 2As! This is a very well-matched team.

Sarah

Jarmoc/Witkowski - I really liked them too! They're super well matched and have some good speed and power. Plus we get to see Castelli and Shnapir.

Sarah

As a huge pairs fan, I'm thrilled to see novice pairs back at nationals. This can only help grow the discipline. Yes, only 4 teams, but I saw how excited the pairs were to qualify at the pairs final. Hopefully this will help motivate and grow pairs in the lower levels. These 4 teams were strong AND well matched.

**My first in person pairs event was novice pairs at 1998 US Championships in Philly. I have a soft spot for novice pairs.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Free Skate & Final Results - https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2024/33688/SEGM002.html
14Sofia Jarmoc, SC of Boston
Luke Witkowski, SC of Boston
23Baylen Taich, DuPage FSC
Michael Chapa, St. Moritz ISC
32Milada Kovar, Wasatch FSC
Nickolai Apter, Great Lakes FSC
41Jolena Grohne, Broadmoor SC
Reede Lunt, Fort Collins FSC

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
As a huge pairs fan, I'm thrilled to see novice pairs back at nationals. This can only help grow the discipline. Yes, only 4 teams, but I saw how excited the pairs were to qualify at the pairs final. Hopefully this will help motivate and grow pairs in the lower levels. These 4 teams were strong AND well matched.

**My first in person pairs event was novice pairs at 1998 US Championships in Philly. I have a soft spot for novice pairs.
I agree that all 4 pairs looked good for novice pairs and I think the exposure can't help but grow pairs.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I really enjoyed that. I'm sorry there were only four pairs, but, hey, with the pewter medal, all the pairs get a medal!

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Have they said how long the novice events will be up on YouTube? I still need to watch junior women and men from today and want to focus on what will disappear sooner.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Have they said how long the novice events will be up on YouTube? I still need to watch junior women and men from today and want to focus on what will disappear sooner.

I think someone said in the YouTube chat that the events would be available for two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information