Junior Pairs - SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Short Program Start Order - https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2024/33688/CAT002SEG003.html

1 Ashley Fletcher, Orange County FSC / Aaron Felberbaum, DuPage FSC
2 Saya Carpenter, Detroit SC / Jon Maravilla, Detroit SC
3 Audrey Park, All Year FSC / Carter Griffin, All Year FSC
4 Sydney Cooke, Elite Edge SC / Matthew Kennedy, Patriot FSC

5 Melania Delis, All Year FSC / Jaden Schwab, St. Paul FSC
6 Reagan Moss, SC of New York / Jakub Galbavy, SC of New York
7 Adele Zheng, DuPage FSC / Andy Deng, Fort Wayne ISC
8 Naomi Williams, SC of Boston / Lachlan Lewer, Broadmoor SC
9 Olivia Flores, Thunderbirds FSC / Luke Wang, Los Angeles FSC

Bios - https://www.usfigureskating.org/sites/default/files/media-files/Junior Pair.pdf?force_isolation=true

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Nice costumes for FleFel. Disastrous first minute. Decent DS.
Watching the flag ladies get older. That’s not happening to me, right?

Aceon6

CarMar look like they’re wearing practice outfits. I’m not sure how I feel about kid tango… but at least it’s not dance. Slow as molasses, but they got the job done and didn’t scare me. He, in particular, looks pretty secure on the ice.

Aceon6

ParkGri up the tempo, but they’re sloppy, not crisp. She had nice flow on the throw. I’m not sure what the Cockney vest represents.

Sarah

I'm not sure what it says about me, but I have an errand to run and I chose to watch junior pairs over junior men.

ChillSkate

Is it just me or do Park / Griffin rotate in opposite directions? Not sure that will work out well long term.

Karen-W

So bummed that I've missed most of the first group being on a customer call. My break starts in 10 min, so hopefully I'll see most of the 2nd group.

Aceon6

CooKen. As the guys get bigger as do the elements. Not scary, but his footwork wasn’t that great. Kinda far apart on the spin.

Karen-W

Moss/Galbavy - Nice SBS 2As!!!! Really crashy, bad twist. He lost his edge going into his spin but managed to save the element. Oh, and Trudy Oltmanns needs to pick better music than a sad, emo cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World."

Aceon6

MisGal. Perfect synch on the 2As, but a little too much speed on the twist and he skated into her. Spin? Meh. Footwork kinda died at the end.

Karen-W

Oh great, we're at the stage of name-shortening where first three letters is no longer enough to separate couples! :drama:

(i know delobel/schoenfelder are not in the us junior pairs sp, but...)
Oh, trust... Delis/Schwab are never going to go beyond the domestic scene, no worries about separating/differentiating them from anyone, lol.

Karen-W

Andy Deng's shirt is a statement. And possibly something from Tim LeDuc's closet...

Karen-W

Zheng/Deng - nice twist. She wiped out on their SBS jumps, nice throw though. This music and choreo isn't terrible. Bit of a struggle on the death spiral exit. And why are they ending on out-of-synch SBS spins?

Aceon6

ZhDeng. She’s off on the 2A. International experience shows on the twist, lift, and throw. Footwork a bit slow. I don’t know about the DS as she never pushed her hip up far enough to get the arch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information